Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez: If Pacquiao Don't Agree, I'll Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He might have another shot after Bradley. Since Cotto will no longer be an option.

Comment

Man, how many fights does Marquez have to beg before getting satisfied with the result? This is like playing chess. You lose several times and you demand another game until you win. Of course, in chess the player who wins the last is important, albeit psychologically, even if you lost ten times previously. JMM was given a chance for a third and final fight. He did even less than in their the two previous fights. He completely subtracted offense and all he did was to defend. It was a close fight, nonetheless. But Pacman is the champion, not the challenger. Lederman and three judges awarded it to the current champ. Why would you even contest that and act as if Marquez massacred Pacman? If it's left to the audience and fans, why would you even need judges. It's silly.

;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
        Because he doesn't want to face a real opponent like rios or guerrero. Only reason he wants to fight pac is to cash out thats all. just retire. if he was really about proving something he would take the winner of khan vs peterson in the fall but watch he try to fight eric morales. what a joke.

Marquez needs to prove nothing. HE is one of the greatest fighters today. He would take a few from BAm Bam but adjust and figure him out and Bam bam woud get a lesson.

Guerrero brings no money and like I said Marquez is one of the greatest so if he is looking for a money fight with Pac, he deserves it.

Personally I would prefer he retire as again he has nothing to prove.

Comment

Basing your career off another mans is stupid.

Just keep doing what you're doing JMM, regardless of any decision Pac may or may not make.

Comment

Marquez should fight the winner of Rios-Gamboa, if that fight happens.

Comment

If Bradley beats Pac, will he consider fighting him at the end of the year??

Comment

Hang em up while you're on Top

If Marquez cannot secure a 4th match with Manny Pacquiao then he should retire. This guy has nothing more to prove.
                He beat so many top guys in his prime and was also avoided by many of the top guys in his prime.

One of the best careers to watch, but also one of the most heart breaking careers to watch. He has always been great but never got his just do. He beat all the top guy they put in front of him and was avoided by so many, which did not allow him to flourish in his prime and get the recognition he deserved. Was given too many wrong decisions and it can easily be argued that he has really only lost once in his career. (To a guy 2 divisions above his)

One of the greatest Mexican boxers of all time, it will be a sad day for Mexican boxing when he hangs the up.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
                  *******s are the reason Filipinos got their arses kicked in Argentina. They donīt have the humbleness and integrity of Northern Asians i.e. Koreans, Japanese, etc. Why canīt they accept Marquez was robbed in the third fight?? Letīs forget the other two. The third one !!!
                  Why can't *****s agree that Castillo beat Floyd? Why do *****s continue to defame or talk PAC down? Why do trolls continue wih this.

I'll say it again only Fact is what was said when the bell sounded and PAC was declared the winner. You guys can say that he lost until your face turns blue but 50 years from the record books and people will praise PAC. If Marquez was robbed hey didn't he contest it? Why didn't he go for rematch? Look at Ami Kahn and Petterson. They getting the rematch. You *****s just come here and try to find reason to talk down PAC and I think it's only because your mad at his fan base. That is what really makes you look like complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                    erik morales?
                    that win is pre ******* nation.

Comment

Working...
                    X