Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If MAYWEATHER is a PPV STAR, why they are putting good undercards on May 5?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why moan about a good undercard?! Makes a change from the nonesence that we have been seeing.

Comment

• It will do good numbers and people will try and give Mayweather all the credit for it.

In reality it's a combination of Cotto, Alvarez, and Cinco de Mayo! Mayweather himself wouldn't draw huge without help!

Comment

• Wow, this is a pretty stupid question.

Comment

• Originally posted by considerthis View Post
          am i the only one who thinks that undercard is ****
          It is. Nothing, but names at this point. No matter how vividly people remember Mosley and Winky's primes.

Comment

• Originally posted by lean on me View Post
            actually the ts is simply asking why floyd needs all of these big names on the card when he's always boasting that he gets his numbers off of his name alone. But you're not bright enough to see that.
            exactly!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
              Its cuz floyd's fighting style is boring and snooze worthy. Why else do you think Tiger woods left during the 10th round and the entire building was booing during the baldomir fight?

People always want their money back after a floyd PPV ala this guy

No it isnt, itscalled appreciating the purity of boxing

Comment

• Originally posted by Ged21 View Post
                You have an argument for some of his opponents...however being a "big attraction" doesn't win fights as ALL of Mayweather's opponents have come to realize.
                i understand that,but the thread is not about that and is titled as such... If MAYWEATHER is a PPV STAR, why they are putting good undercards on May 5?

Comment

• Originally posted by abdul-jakul View Post
                  If MAYWEATHER is a PPV STAR, why they are putting good undercards on May 5?

MOSLEY VS ALVAREZ
                  WRIGHT VS QUILLIN ( not final )
                  To boost the PPV buys, the better the undercard the more PPV buys they will get.

Good undercards are one thing, but this is big names on an undercard.

Undercards should be there to highlight new talent, showcase some up and coming fighters.

Quillin may fit that bill, but Mosley vs Alvarez doesn't. That fight is just there to get the Mexican fans to buy the show.

It should add a few hundred thousand to the final PPV figure.

Don't really care too much for Mosley vs Alvarez, because if Mosley is as shot as he is expect to be it will be a pretty poor fight.

Quillin vs Wright could be the same but interested to see Quillin develop and he looks like an exciting fighters.

Much prefer undercards where I have little knowledge of the fighters and they are evenly matched, because you are never sure which way they will go and you can have a few surprises.

Comment

• Having great undercards in a lost art. As a fan, I appreciate it. As a consumer, I appreciate it.

It's just smart promoting.

Comment

• Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                      am i the only one who thinks that undercard is ****

It is not great, you want competitive fights, these are basically Bradley vs Cassa standard.

Big names, but not great fights or match ups.

Alvarez, vs Lara

Quillin vs Pirog.

Great fights

Comment

Working...
                      X