No announcement yet.

My Admittedly Biased Opinion on Cotto vs May

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    rewatch the pacquiao fight, pacquiao was outboxing Cotto.

Mayweather said immediately after this fight was signed that he'll be coming forward and applying pressure. Cotto is much less effective on the backfoot than he is the front.

Floyd can easily bully Cotto. Mayweather was able to push around clinch fest guys like Hatton and Mosley. Cotto who just learned how to clinch in his last daycare session isn't going to be able to touch a veteran in this arena.
    Lol...that's the best description i've seen of Cotto's career post-Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by PRking718 View Post
      Oh OK. Yeah, it can't be as simple as that. He's got to be in an out with the combo's, I was just saying not to let Floyd bully him not that he has to bully Floyd -- only when necessary. PLD is a wiz and pretty sure he'd love to be the first trainer to guide a man into beating Mayweather.
      Floyd is very good at timing and knows when to pick his shots not to mention a bit faster than Miguel so while trying to go in and out he could very well be tagged with shots as he comes in and when he tries to leave to reset.

Comment

I respect the TS for being honest and admitting that he is Biased!

One thing that is not being mention enough...IS COTTO'S STAMINA ISSUES, he always had it and even at 154 he still does, even old Mayorga was able to do some things effectively against Cotto

like most of Mayweathers Opponents, Cotto has a PUNCHERS CHANCE, he doesn't have the STAMINA to apply pressure on Mayweather for 12 Rounds, I think Cotto starts off GOOD with the Pressure even may Wobble Mayweather early and also getting Mayweather against the Ropes and Throwing Punches to the Body early, but he tires himself out by the 4th-5th round by trying to pressure and throwing a lot of punches that don't land clean and hit mostly Gloves, Arms and Air...then that is Mayweather turns it up and just start to DISSECT Cotto Slowly but Surely with Pot Shots and Lead Rights and I could see Cotto Running into a lot of Check Hooks if he applies the pressure too much and starts to get Reckless

Comment

Originally posted by PRking718 View Post
          DUDE you and me are on the exact same page, LOL. Cool, thanks for your post.
          Reality is reality man. Now if Floyd is able to somehow take away Cotto's jab from him then Miguel is gonna have some mighty big problems on his hands. The thing is Cotto does about everything better than 90% percent of Floyd's other opponents. That simply means a much more competitive fight for Floyd and a much more entertaining fight for us the fans. You wont find many on here who will pick Cotto to win and honestly its very hard for me to do that even being a fan but I do think he has a much better chance than most give him credit. I also think he will surprise the F Uck out of Floyd once they get in the ring. That might be enough to even the scales , we shall see.

Comment

Working...
          X