Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley: Pacquiao is Not The Bigger Man in The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And why wouldn't it be? He'd be fighting Cotto without a catchweight and squashing any and all criticism about his first win over Miguel, as well as all the well-deserved criticism about the vacant 154 belt he claimed over a welterweight Margarito at a catchweight.

Fighting a 140 pounder at welter after he'd just fought a 135 pounder at welter? I remember hearing a lot of justification for forcing a JMM trilogy above 140 because Pac was a legit welter now. I don't see how fighting a 140 pounder lends any credence to that.

Originally posted by PacTard View Post
    A rematch with Cotto at 154 would NOT have been more interesting than a fight at 147 with Bradley. If PAC's initial fight with Cotto was more competitive, then I would say you have some merit to your argument. As it stands, you are clearly just using Cotto's rise in weight as a way to disparage Pacquiao. You probably would have been one of the first people crying if Pacquiao fought Cotto again. Bradley is young, undefeated, slick, hasn't lost, etc. Only a fool would try to say that Pacquiao isn't fighting a strong opponent in Bradley.

Comment

WTF is Bradley talking about we already know he's the bigger man its his skills that's going to win him the fight not size Margarito was bigger and look what happened to him

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
        And why wouldn't it be? He'd be fighting Cotto without a catchweight and squashing any and all criticism about his first win over Miguel, as well as all the well-deserved criticism about the vacant 154 belt he claimed over a welterweight Margarito at a catchweight.

Fighting a 140 pounder at welter after he'd just fought a 135 pounder at welter? I remember hearing a lot of justification for forcing a JMM trilogy above 140 because Pac was a legit welter now. I don't see how fighting a 140 pounder lends any credence to that.
        The ONLY people "criticizing" his first win against Cotto are delusional PBF fans. Everyone else recognizes it as a great victory over a very good opponent. Cotto was at 146 in his previous fight, and at the time he said, repeatedly, that he had no problems with the weight and that he was in his best shape ever. So please stop with that bull ish. Cotto, since his move to 54, has beaten:

Foreman
        Mayorga
        Margarito

That is enough for you to say that he would be a better fight than Bradley because he is at a better weight? Get real. He hasn't fought anyone at that weight.

Further, Bradley is not a "140 pounder." He will come in to the fight bigger than Pacquiao, as he just said in this very article. You are arguing two separate points in a weak attempt at justifying your ridiculous position... Typical Floyd fan.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
          WTF is Bradley talking about we already know he's the bigger man its his skills that's going to win him the fight not size Margarito was bigger and look what happened to him
          Exactly, Bradley could be in a for a big surprise if he thinks he can go in there and bully Pacquiao around with his size.

Bigger men have tried and failed.

Bradley needs a gameplan and a way of stopping Pacquiao, getting into his stride, dictating the pace, throwing he 60-80 punches a round and dancing circles around him.

Comment

I can't see how anyone could complain about this fight. Would I rather see PAC v PBF? Of course. But this is still an excellent fight. I hope the undercard is at least semi decent...

Comment

Tim rushing is with his head; Pac check right hook, followed by and straight left...night night

Comment

Originally posted by PacTard View Post
                I can't see how anyone could complain about this fight. Would I rather see PAC v PBF? Of course. But this is still an excellent fight. I hope the undercard is at least semi decent...
                This. I'd love to see it...as long as it doesn't end too soon/due to some bs. Too much wasted money as is with these big fights recently... Floyd vs Cotto should also be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by odogg8121 View Post
                  Tim rushing is with his head; Pac check right hook, followed by and straight left...night night
                  Does Tim have a real good chin?..

Comment

Bradley can think and say whatever he wants, his only chance of winning is stoppage by head butts. He won't win on the cards, ask JMM, and he doesn't have the power to even slightly trouble Manny.
                    Manny is going to knock him down and around the ring like someone much smaller on fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                      Exactly, Bradley could be in a for a big surprise if he thinks he can go in there and bully Pacquiao around with his size.

Bigger men have tried and failed.

Bradley needs a gameplan and a way of stopping Pacquiao, getting into his stride, dictating the pace, throwing he 60-80 punches a round and dancing circles around him.
                      I think Bradley has to use the JMM strategy except he has to be more aggressive and take more risk

Comment

Working...
                      X