Someone needs to post the video of this so called KD. Hahaha

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Another video

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post

Another video
        lol

I was trying to find the Cordoba knockdown to post here and just finished watching about two minutes of this video. I had to stop. I can't stand to listen to that guy talk. Some people really ought to give up the fantasy of a career in media.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC
          Quote:

Originally Posted by RichCCFC

Another video

lol

I was trying to find the Cordoba knockdown to post here and just finished watching about two minutes of this video. I had to stop. I can't stand to listen to that guy talk. Some people really ought to give up the fantasy of a career in media.
          You won't find the video on YouTube. You gotta download the whole fight. I was just hoping someone knew how to edit videos and posted that specific part.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post

The way I remember it, Cordoba hit Rigo with a jab. Guillermo leaned towards the ground and touched his right glove momentarily on the canvass. It appeared he had lost his balance. Was the punch completely responsible for his loss of balance? I've never been sure. The punch didn't seem to land hard, and Rigo certainly didn't appear hurt. What is certain, though, is that Guillermo's game-plan changed after that moment. He got on his bike and barely engaged for the rest of the fight. That would seem to indicate that he was indeed affected by Ricardo's jab.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend these things didn't happen. But I'm not sure what it all means. Does it somehow prove Rigo has a glass chin? Not necessarily, in my opinion. Does it prove Guillermo has no heart? Again, I don't think that's necessarily so. The fact is that there are still unanswered questions regarding Rigondeaux. We'll find out the answers when he fights a couple of top boxers. In the meantime, the Cordoba jab brings up more questions than it answers.

Comment

you can watch the entire fight on sosoboxing ..just google "sosoboxing rigondeaux vs cordoba" and skip to the 6th round. cordoba lands a clean jab and guillermo goes down..nothing to do with balance or a slip..
              Last edited by Bermuda; 08-09-2012, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC
                Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

The way I remember it, Cordoba hit Rigo with a jab. Guillermo leaned towards the ground and touched his right glove momentarily on the canvass. It appeared he had lost his balance. Was the punch completely responsible for his loss of balance? I've never been sure. The punch didn't seem to land hard, and Rigo certainly didn't appear hurt. What is certain, though, is that Guillermo's game-plan changed after that moment. He got on his bike and barely engaged for the rest of the fight. That would seem to indicate that he was indeed affected by Ricardo's jab.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend these things didn't happen. But I'm not sure what it all means. Does it somehow prove Rigo has a glass chin? Not necessarily, in my opinion. Does it prove Guillermo has no heart? Again, I don't think that's necessarily so. The fact is that there are still unanswered questions regarding Rigondeaux. We'll find out the answers when he fights a couple of top boxers. In the meantime, the Cordoba jab brings up more questions than it answers.
                I think Ive seen Rigo get hit with harder shots than a jab and go unaffected so Idk...

I guess that makes Gamboa, Tito and Rigo all chinny. I always thought Khan was the definition of chinny. When you get hurt with every big shot. I must be misinformed.

Comment

wow, thanks for that! never seen that site before.

Rigo pulling away a bit in the poll now.

Comment

Another vid on fight

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                      you can watch the entire fight on sosoboxing ..just google "sosoboxing rigondeaux vs cordoba" and skip to the 6th round. cordoba lands a clean jab and guillermo goes down..nothing to do with balance or a slip..
                      Thanks for the suggestion. You're right, Rigo got hit with a solid jab and went down. It was definitely a flash, though. It happened so quick that I almost missed it in real-time. Guillermo's glove touched the canvass, not his knee. He righted himself immediately. Still not sure what it necessarily means.

One thing was interesting. The commentating crew mentioned that Rigo claimed never to have been knocked down in his life. I don't remember ever hearing that. If this is so, it might explain why he completely switched gears after the KD. Perhaps he simply didn't know how to react. He certainly didn't appear hurt from the punch.

Comment

Working...
                      X