Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come so many people are picking Maywheather to stop Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
    I cant wait to see the look on their faces when Cotto bullies Floyd into a TKO. I wouldnt be surprised if Cotto does a mayorga and lets mayweather hit him flush, mayweather is arguably the phisically WEAKEST opponent miguel has faced. Think about it.
    Your stupid, you make Pacquiao's fans look bad, you're troll plain and simple.

Cotto is too slow, and will get beat bad.

Comment

because people tend to overrate floyd and underrate cotto....just like i had been sayin months before the fight...

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        because people tend to overrate floyd and underrate cotto....just like i had been sayin months before the fight...
        Heeeeeeeeeee'sssss baaaaccckkkk

Comment

I didn't know Russian Crushin got banned, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
            Cotto's face doesn't hold up very well.I don't see Cotto stalking and coming forward for the whole 12 rounds - he'll be the one on his bike in the late rounds.
            Originally posted by Warring Don View Post
            He could knock Cotto out he almost knocked Shane Mosely out. Mosely Floyd fought Mosely in a way that stressed, him, frustrated him, and took away his confidence. If Mosely didn't start holding Floyd could have knocked him out. (I believe so)They way Floyd fights, he gets into your head, he messed with your mind. If he can frustrate, outclass, and beat the snot out of Cotto, Miguel could go down. Or the referee could stop the fight, just like the ref stopped the fight when pac fought him
            Originally posted by Forza View Post
            Speed and accuracy = power

Malignaggi of all people made cotto do the stanky leg.

Cotto is getting stopped. Of course it won't be a 1 punch K.O but an accumulation of punches after getting a beat down in every round.

Late TKO ref stoppage, around rounds 9 or 10 is my prediction
            Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            Once frustration sets in a guy becomes much weaker, some guys can handle that sort of thing others can't. Cotto doesn't seem to be made of the the sternest stuff so he could be real susceptable to Floyd's whole game.Once Cotto gets forced to fall back any outcome could occur and he will get forced back but chances still favor him seeing the end
            Originally posted by urrah View Post
            Bully Floyd into a TKO? Wow, that's a brilliant strategy, I can't believe nobody's tried it before. Well, apart from Ortiz, DLH, Hatton, Baldomir, and the majority of Floyd's opponents at LW.

But apart from this minor flaw great idea.

Well said, this is why I'm picking Floyd to get a tko. I don't think Mayweather's power will make Cotto quit, but once the fight passes the halfway point he will be landing so frequently I think Cotto will wilt mentally and allow himself to be overwhelmed sometime between rounds 8 and 11, it wouldn't even surprise me if he quit on his stool.

Cotto is my 3rd ffoat, but as I've said before and as he's said himself, his health is more important to him than winning a fight, and Mayweather will be dominating him so badly Cotto will just want the fight to end so he can collect his paycheck.
            Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            Cotto is getting Gatti'd the boy is shot and his defense is suspect all of you who think he could do to Floyd like he did to slow Margarito or run from Floyd like he was Manny who cant cut of the ring to safe his life are idiots Floyd TKO 8th

if past prime Judah rocked him couple of times what you think Floyd is going to do
            Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            I don't see a stoppage from Floyd. But if he wants to make a statement, he should at least push for the ref/corner stoppage like he did to Gatti, Chavez and Corrales.

Floyd has the advantage in height, reach, hand speed, defense, chin, footwork, and stamina. Cotto has the advantage in power and size. This is a mismatch on paper, and Floyd should stop Cotto before the 11th round if he wants to make this at least an okay win.
            funny thread..

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
              Heeeeeeeeeee'sssss baaaaccckkkk
              lol, you make it sound like this is such a bad thing..yeah man, im glad to be back !

anyway, could not post right after the fight so sorry im a lil late bumpin threads...

Comment

Cotto was able to keep his head that allowed him to not get beat up bad~ you should have included the last part where I said chances favor him seeing the end.

He also did kind of get forced back because he was much less effective the last third of the fight and was looking much worse for wear.

Comment

Cotto was able to keep his head that allowed him to not get beat up bad~ you should have included the last part where I said chances favor him seeing the end.He also did kind of get forced back because he was much less effective the last third of the fight and was looking much worse for wear.
                  i did, i just did'nt put it in bold...

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                    i did, i just did'nt put it in bold...

I laid out a scenario where he might get stopped, and I fully admitted it was not the likely scenario. He didn't get frusterated, which wasn't a guerentee and he didn't get stopped. Floyd frusterating Cotto was the whole basis, that goes to chances favor him seeing the end~

Comment

I laid out a scenario where he might get stopped, and I fully admitted it was not the likely scenario. He didn't get frusterated, which wasn't a guerentee and he didn't get stopped. Floyd frusterating Cotto was the whole basis, that goes to chances favor him seeing the end~
                      so you played safe....you kinda picked heads and tails at the same time...well, sort of..but no big deal man, it was'nt as bad as " cotto is going to get gatt'd"..

Comment

Working...
                      X