Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come so many people are picking Maywheather to stop Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd takes it in easy decision win.

9-3 Floyd.

Cotto's not a punk like Ortiz. There isn't gonna be any KO's in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
      I cant wait to see the look on their faces when Cotto bullies Floyd into a TKO. I wouldnt be surprised if Cotto does a mayorga and lets mayweather hit him flush, mayweather is arguably the phisically WEAKEST opponent miguel has faced. Think about it.
      Bully Floyd into a TKO? Wow, that's a brilliant strategy, I can't believe nobody's tried it before. Well, apart from Ortiz, DLH, Hatton, Baldomir, and the majority of Floyd's opponents at LW.

But apart from this minor flaw great idea.

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Once frustration sets in a guy becomes much weaker, some guys can handle that sort of thing others can't. Cotto doesn't seem to be made of the the sternest stuff so he could be real susceptable to Floyd's whole game.

Once Cotto gets forced to fall back any outcome could occur and he will get forced back but chances still favor him seeing the end
      Well said, this is why I'm picking Floyd to get a tko. I don't think Mayweather's power will make Cotto quit, but once the fight passes the halfway point he will be landing so frequently I think Cotto will wilt mentally and allow himself to be overwhelmed sometime between rounds 8 and 11, it wouldn't even surprise me if he quit on his stool.

Cotto is my 3rd ffoat, but as I've said before and as he's said himself, his health is more important to him than winning a fight, and Mayweather will be dominating him so badly Cotto will just want the fight to end so he can collect his paycheck.

Comment

Cotto is getting Gatti'd the boy is shot and his defense is suspect all of you who think he could do to Floyd like he did to slow Margarito or run from Floyd like he was Manny who cant cut of the ring to safe his life are idiots Floyd TKO 8th

if past prime Judah rocked him couple of times what you think Floyd is going to do

Comment

Possible stoppage but more likely seeing a shutout give or take 2-3 rounds to Cotto.

Comment

Lol @ idiots like Bombs attributing physical strength solely to punching power.. physically the weakest Cotto has faced?

Comment

Originally posted by CasualBoxingFan View Post
              Cotto's chin isn't that good, comparing it to judah isn't a compliment either.

Floyd couldn't finish Judah yet people think Cotto is get stopped. Can't stop laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                Cotto is getting Gatti'd the boy is shot and his defense is suspect all of you who think he could do to Floyd like he did to slow Margarito or run from Floyd like he was Manny who cant cut of the ring to safe his life are idiots Floyd TKO 8th

if past prime Judah rocked him couple of times what you think Floyd is going to do
                That was prime Judah he fought. And Judah has displayed more punching power than Flag oyd at 147.

Comment

Marquez and Shane was there for the taking and Floyd didn't up the ante...so I doubt he gets Cotto outta there

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                    Marquez and Shane was there for the taking and Floyd didn't up the ante...so I doubt he gets Cotto outta there
                    JMM and Mosley have never been stopped, it is not likely that he puts Cotto to sleep but he might be able to make him say uncle.

Comment

I don't see a stoppage from Floyd. But if he wants to make a statement, he should at least push for the ref/corner stoppage like he did to Gatti, Chavez and Corrales.

Floyd has the advantage in height, reach, hand speed, defense, chin, footwork, and stamina. Cotto has the advantage in power and size. This is a mismatch on paper, and Floyd should stop Cotto before the 11th round if he wants to make this at least an okay win.

Comment

Working...
                      X