Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rios wants Gamboa at 140 lmao (Spanish, Espn Deportes)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rios wants Gamboa at 140 lmao (Spanish, Espn Deportes)

Por Rigo Cervantez
    ESPNDeportesLosAngeles.com
    Brandon Ríos ya no quiere nada con la categoría de los pesos ligeros, pero está más que dispuesto a verse las caras con el cubano Yuriorkis Gamboa, siempre que el pleito sea pactado en el límite de las 140 libras, donde circulan los superligeros.

"Todavía no sabemos si voy a pelear con él, pero ojalá que se haga. Yo le peleo en 140 libras," aseguró el pugilista texano, avecindado en California, a ESPNDeportesLosAngeles.com.
    "El Ciclón" Gamboa (21, 0, 16 KO's), de 30 años de edad, es monarca mundial de peso pluma de la AMB y le dijo al colega Bernardo Osuna, de ESPN Deportes, que estaba dispuesto a subir dos categorías para enfrentar a Brandon Ríos.
    "Si él no quiere pelear en ese peso, en las 140 libras, entonces quiero enfrentar a Anthony Peterson, a Marcos Maidana, a Amir Kahn, a los grandes de la categoría," agregó un "Bam Bam" Ríos, seguro de su capacidad, al atender la llamada, poco antes de meterse al gimnasio, este lunes.
    Redes Sociales
    Facebook: Únete al Equipo
    Twitter: Síguenos
    "Gamboa está invicto, es un peleador difícil, pero sé que le puedo ganar y hasta lo puedo noquear, como le ocurrió a Miguel Acosta, en los últimos asaltos," añadió Brandon, al referirse a esa pelea celebrada el 26 de febrero de 2011, en la que detuvo al venezolano Acosta, en el décimo asalto, para ceñirse la faja de campeón mundial de peso ligero, reconocida por la Asociación Mundial de Boxeo.
    Una corona que el nativo de Lubbock, Texas, dejó en la báscula, al registrar 135.6 libras, en dos intentos, previo a su pelea titular ante el británico John Murray, a quien termina noqueando en 11 episodios, el pasado 3 de diciembre, en el Madison Square Garden de Nueva York.
    Y de hecho, su único tropiezo en el boxeo de paga, ha sido en esa oportunidad, ante la báscula, ya que la marca del peleador mexicano-estadounidense es de 29 victorias, con 22 de ellas antes del límite, y un empate.
    Es por ello que, en el futuro, circulará en la categoría reservada para las 140 libras, donde espera, "a Yuriorkis Gamboa, o al que me pongan enfrente," concluyó un resuelto Brandon Ríos.

pussi boy the 5 4 midget is going to jump 2 divisions , what you scared of?

Comment

so rios is super feather weights for his weight problems? come on bam bam.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
        pussi boy the 5 4 midget is going to jump 2 divisions , what you scared of?
        I want to see gamboa vs donarie

Comment

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
          I want to see gamboa vs donarie
          I would love that but i dont think it will happen this year maybe by late '13

Comment

Gamboa vs Donaire is kind of the same thing when you think about it. Donaire is not big at 122 and if you look at Gamboa at 126, he has so much natural muscle he would be too much IMO against Donaire.

Gamboa at 140 is a stretch too. I think the real fight for Donaire is Mares at 122 and for Rios there's plenty of good guys at 140 he could fight. Imagine him and Khan going at it with the difference in styles.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
              Gamboa vs Donaire is kind of the same thing when you think about it. Donaire is not big at 122 and if you look at Gamboa at 126, he has so much natural muscle he would be too much IMO against Donaire.

Gamboa at 140 is a stretch too. I think the real fight for Donaire is Mares at 122 and for Rios there's plenty of good guys at 140 he could fight. Imagine him and Khan going at it with the difference in styles.
              Really? I can't see that being remotely competitive. Moreno has a better shot against Donaire.

Oh and I watched the 2 days thing on Rios.....they have to be crazy to even think about letting him fight at LW again.

Comment

this is one of the very few fights where I'd actually pick khan to win. i dont understand why Rios is so over rated everywhere I look...

yea he seems like a cool guy and all, but the dude is not an elite fighter, lets face it

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                  Really? I can't see that being remotely competitive. Moreno has a better shot against Donaire.

Oh and I watched the 2 days thing on Rios.....they have to be crazy to even think about letting him fight at LW again.
                  Mares would be the smaller man but I think Donaire can make 118, it's not far off and Mares is a much better boxer than either Arce or WV2. He throws in combinations and style wise it's a more intriguing fight IMO.

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                  this is one of the very few fights where I'd actually pick khan to win. i dont understand why Rios is so over rated everywhere I look...

yea he seems like a cool guy and all, but the dude is not an elite fighter, lets face it
                  I don't think Rios is overrated in the least, if Peterson can muscle Khan around what do you think Rios can do? Rios is a 140lbs fighter and might be a 147lber soon he's so big for that division. He comes forward, takes a great shot and is very heavy handed. He's also a much better inside fighter than Maidana and isn't as wild. Maidana's boxing is very basic, Rios is a much better schooled boxer even though I understand that's not saying much but still, his style is tough one to deal with.

He's kind of like a prime Marg in the way he comes forward and throws hard shots.

I would love to see that fight.

Comment

Mares would be the smaller man but I think Donaire can make 118, it's not far off and Mares is a much better boxer than either Arce or WV2. He throws in combinations and style wise it's a more intriguing fight IMO.

I don't think Rios is overrated in the least, if Peterson can muscle Khan around what do you think Rios can do? Rios is a 140lbs fighter and might be a 147lber soon he's so big for that division. He comes forward, takes a great shot and is very heavy handed. He's also a much better inside fighter than Maidana and isn't as wild. Maidana's boxing is very basic, Rios is a much better schooled boxer even though I understand that's not saying much but still, his style is tough one to deal with.

He's kind of like a prime Marg in the way he comes forward and throws hard shots.

I would love to see that fight.
                    maybe I dont pay much attention to rios when he fights, but to me he looks like an average brawler that only dominates cause he kills himself to make weight to fight the little guys, and I dont see him havin that same power in higher divisions, not to mention his not so great footwork. khan beats him by boxing, so does peterson, and at 147, well, rios shouldnt go there...

Comment

Working...
                    X