No announcement yet.

Roach: Chavez wants to move to 168 after two fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
    no, i don't see margarito being successful anymore against a decent fighter that will have a gameplan written up for him. malignaggi could stop margs now cause of that vulnerable eye.
    you pretty much said it, a gameplan that a fighter must follow for 12 rounds. Every fighter goes in with a gameplan but fighters like Margarito all they do is disrupt it. I still think Margarito has a lil left in him and can beat a few fighters out there including Chavez jr and deffinately a Malignaggi. I think he can still apply pressure on a fighter and disrupt any gameplan (even with a bad eye). I wont count margarito out even though I dont think he deserves a shot a title with the current losing streak at hand. Maybe Mayorga would be perfect for him right now.

Comment

Chavez Jr. has it tougher right now with Rubio then he will if he's matched up with Margarito. I guess in terms of name recognition, he'll get that bump after he pummels Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by Javii86 View Post
        Chavez Jr. has it tougher right now with Rubio then he will if he's matched up with Margarito. I guess in terms of name recognition, he'll get that bump after he pummels Margarito.
        'Spark' an actual boxing term or a typo?

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          FightHubTV Fight Hub TV
          ok spoke to bob arum, he doesnt want jr to fight martinez. he wants margarito and then martinez for jr.

FightHubTV Fight Hub TV
          i asked him why as fans want martinez for jr, and he said that he cant just throw jr to the wolves yet. he has to grow as a fighter.
          First after Zbik he was going to fight Martinez, then it was going to be Ronald Hearns and Manfredo, then Martinez, then it was Rubio and then Martinez, now it's Margarito and then Martinez... this is all a joke.

Comment

They don't want to ever fight Martinez. They'll fight Margs and then move up to 168 to avoid him.

Comment

damn..if he moves to 168 Ward will be stripped quicker than a coked up whore in a frat house

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                damn..if he moves to 168 Ward will be stripped quicker than a coked up whore in a frat house
                Chavez Jr VS Sakio Bika for the ''vacant'' title LMAO

Comment

Working...
                X