Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Marquez a harder puncher than Bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    marquez has fought exactly one real WW, bros

floyd mayweather

you guys need to watch the fight again by the look of things

if you think bradley's punches would have that little of an effect on mayweather you guys are seriously overstating floyd's durability

size, boys
    size

marquez was a career FW
    and he's a small LW even today.
    I think it's been established that Pac is a legit welterweight and Marquez buzzed him on several occasions.

Comment

A better question is..

What Would happen if Marquez fought the Casamayor that fought Bradley?

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        I think it's been established that Pac is a legit welterweight and Marquez buzzed him on several occasions.

pacquiao could probably fight at LW if the money was right
        most of the experts i hear speculating about his natural fighting weight think he's somewhere between a LW and jr WW
        about 138 lbs

he's eating like a horse to get to WW
        he's not a natural WW by a long shot

he can hang with a WW, but he's not a natural WW

and i dont think pacquiao was ever close to being ready to go in the most recent marquez fight

Comment

pacquiao could probably fight at LW if the money was right
          most of the experts i hear speculating about his natural fighting weight think he's somewhere between a LW and jr WW
          about 138 lbs

he's eating like a horse to get to WW
          he's not a natural WW by a long shot

he can hang with a WW, but he's not a natural WW

and i dont think pacquiao was ever close to being ready to go in the most recent marquez fight
          No, Pacquiao wasn't seriously hurt and ready to go, but he was stunned a few times and actually respected Marquez's power. Besides Marquez, nobody was able to stun Pacquiao in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
            No, Pacquiao wasn't seriously hurt and ready to go, but he was stunned a few times and actually respected Marquez's power. Besides Marquez, nobody was able to stun Pacquiao in a long time.

we can agree to disagree but i think he was most hurt in the margarito fight and i dont think marquez shots did much other than "stun" him as you say

and they did earn his respect, but that was mostly because they're set up by a great counterpuncher

dont get me wrong. marquez is a monster and a great offensive fighter, and he's one of favorites of all time.
            i just dont think his punches are as hard as a natural jr WW come WW in tim bradley.

especially at 147

Comment

we can agree to disagree but i think he was most hurt in the margarito fight and i dont think marquez shots did much other than "stun" him as you say

and they did earn his respect, but that was mostly because they're set up by a great counterpuncher

dont get me wrong. marquez is a monster and a great offensive fighter, and he's one of favorites of all time.
              i just dont think his punches are as hard as a natural jr WW come WW in tim bradley.

especially at 147
              Well yeah he was hurt to the body against Margarito, but the Margarito fight was above the 147 division. I still don't think Bradley is more of a puncher than Marquez at 147, maybe they have around the same power. Bradley also relies on his timing to hurt his opponents and not only on brute force so we can say that both of them aren't exactly huge punchers at 147 but because of the way they fight their opponents respect their power.

Comment

Originally posted by chy View Post
                answers plz
                I should red k you just for such a dumb question. Bradley has like a 35% ko ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post

marquez also weighed 142 and pacquiao only a pound heavier at 143

and i think marquez had 2 lbs on him on fight night

at 148 on fight night really isnt a WW
                  especially when you're eating like a truck to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
                    Do you have to be hit by a car to know it hits harder than a bicycle?
                    Good reference. Lol'd inside at that.

Comment

Yes marquez is a harder puncher.

Comment

Working...
                      X