Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto: Weight Was Breaking Point in Pacquiao Talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sure doesn't sound as if Cotto had to sign a multiple-fight deal with GBP in order to get this fight. Would like to hear an answer to that question.

Comment

Cotto is shot. He was never a dominant Welterweight or Light Welterweight and will be destroyed by Floyd in a manner he has never experienced previously.

Comment

Originally posted by David1976 View Post
        Cotto is shot. He was never a dominant Welterweight or Light Welterweight and will be destroyed by Floyd in a manner he has never experienced previously.
        smh u named the two weight classes where he was a dominant force in. hes not a dominant 154lber for sure. but seriously, know wat ur talking about before u post.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
          So when it was Floyd, the opponent was the right size, but the MGM was too small.

But when it was Cotto, the opponent was too big, but the MGM was the right size.
          truth!!!!

Comment

I disagree I think Floyd will win a wide UD but don't think he'll be destroyed like he was (controversially) by Margarito in 1st fight or by Pac. Sure I see Floyd winning & he is out of his depth but I can't see him eating as much heavy leather as he did in either of those fights. I'd put money on him still standing at the final bell. Not taking anything away from Floyd im a huge fan of him & Pac. I wouldn't say that Cotto is shot either, maybe he's not the fighter he once was & has slowed a little but he's not shot. In my opinion if he's not fighting Pac there was only Martinez or Cotto for Floyd to fight
            Last edited by TonkaJones; 02-03-2012, 07:38 AM.

Comment

That's a shame and spit to the face.
              I like Pacquiao, but 148 is disgraceful and he shouldn't have even bothered requesting it. I get the whole issue where he wont fight above 150..... but this is disgraceful at 148.

Comment

LMAO @148lbs, I bet it would have been for Cotto's 154lbs belt as well. Just pathetic, what a paper champ.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  I like Pacquiao, but 148 is disgraceful and he shouldn't have even bothered requesting it. I get the whole issue where he wont fight above 150..... but this is disgraceful at 148.
                  It seems to me that top rank and team pac have officially decided that they aren't gonna take any more risks with their cash cow. But instead of just making that clear they choose to be deceitful and snaky about it and **** like this is wat u get.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post

I agree I love Pac but he fought Margarito at 150lb & fought at WW but wanted Cotto at 145lb in the 1st fight. I could understand if he had never fought at that weight but he's giving the impression that its ok to fight Margarito at that weight but with Cotto he feels like he needs to take a little weight off him. I love Pac & Floyd im a huge fan of both but I hate catchweights to suit fighters & Floyd is doing the right thing fighting Cotto at his weight. In my opinion the sactioning bodies shouldn't be sanctioning world title fights at catch weights
                    Last edited by TonkaJones; 02-03-2012, 07:48 AM.

Comment

No no you are right...not dominant.....Definition of DOMINANT(Per Webster's)
                      1a : commanding, controlling, or prevailing over all others @140 (lightwelter) 25-0 14 title defenses, @147 7-2*(*Margacheato part 1)and a loss to the P4P #1 and finally @154 3-0..not great opposition for the most part. It is simply ignorant to state he was never dominant....shot....eh we will see. Cotto is 5'7" Pac is 5'6 1/2" Cotto is fighting people much bigger than him..no catchweight crap (the Margarito 2 was simply for mind games) Floyd me very well win, but Cotto has a better chance at beating him than Pacman.....based on styles, and tools alone!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X