No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto: Weight Was Breaking Point in Pacquiao Talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PacTard View Post
    Ha. I'm a Pac fan, and I agree with this to an extent. I'm just glad PAC v Cotto II didn't come off. It would have been another beat down at any weight. Pac needs to fight Bradley or Martinez, if not PBF. Any other fight is just an exercise in collecting a paycheck...
    Yeah right. That's why Steward sees trouble for ur boy at a higher weight with Cotto. He got a trainer, confidence and a full body this time. Cotto would box and give Pac Man a fit in a rematch at 154 and he knows that ****. No matter what you all say, Cotto was in bad physical and mental shape during the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
      haha. agreed. if floyd fight Cotto like he did Mosley and Ortiz but turns on the gas like he did with Ortiz, Cotto doesnt see the final bell
      WHO!?!?! LMAO OMG. I WILL BET MY ACCOUNT COTTO SEES THE FINAL BELL.

The last TKO May had was Hatton! He couldn't take out Marquez, old Mosley, and needed a ****ing sucker punch to end Ortiz. This guy has a ****ty resume, especially the last few fights...Cotto will be his stiffest comp in years. And I always had a good feeling about a Cotto vs May fight. Ya'll *****s is hype and so wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by PRking718 View Post
        Yeah right. That's why Steward sees trouble for ur boy at a higher weight with Cotto. He got a trainer, confidence and a full body this time. Cotto would box and give Pac Man a fit in a rematch at 154 and he knows that ****. No matter what you all say, Cotto was in bad physical and mental shape during the first fight.
        Please. Excuses. I like Cotto a lot, but he isn't in the same league as PAC/PBF.

Comment

Originally posted by speedgsx98 View Post
          There was a time when I thought Cotto was a serious threat to Floyd Mayweather. He's a smart guy in and out of the ring. But I think he's nowhere near as slick as Floyd. Only good thing is he's very accurate. Whether or not he can land on Floyd, we'll see. Cotto does have good speed. Should be a good fight. I'll be watching in on 1 week delay however on HBO. Irrefuse to buy and more fights with the 2 goons at the top. Both already got too much money.
          Judah, Malignaggi, Quintanna, and several other Cotto KO/TKO victims have been "slicker" than him. Faster as well. Cotto's main asset vs these styles is his TIMING. Timing kills speed and slickness all the time and PLD will hopefully lead Cotto to the victory.

Comment

Originally posted by PacTard View Post
            Please. Excuses. I like Cotto a lot, but he isn't in the same league as PAC/PBF.
            Than why did he outbox Pac in four rounds on each jugdes scorecards? It wasn't until he tried to KO Pac where he messed up. He even outboxed Pac in round 10. Cotto is in the same league. What is their league? Just them two? Is there really a league for only two fighters? Pac man is very one dimensional to a lot of people, including Floyd. Floyd respects Cotto more than he does Pac.

Comment

Judah, Malignaggi, Quintanna, and several other Cotto KO/TKO victims have been "slicker" than him. Faster as well. Cotto's main asset vs these styles is his TIMING. Timing kills speed and slickness all the time and PLD will hopefully lead Cotto to the victory.
              HUGE cotto fan, always have been, always will be, but my friend, cotto has little to no chance against floyd. cause he looked good against judah and paulie, means absolutely less than ZERO against floyd mayweather. Cotto will come out looking good and proper in the first 3-4 rounds, after floyd figures out his weak points (which cotto has a few), cotto will be made to look quite amateurish. as much as that would be awesome, cotto is not the guy to dethrone floyd...

Comment

Than why did he outbox Pac in four rounds on each jugdes scorecards? It wasn't until he tried to KO Pac where he messed up. He even outboxed Pac in round 10. Cotto is in the same league. What is their league? Just them two? Is there really a league for only two fighters? Pac man is very one dimensional to a lot of people, including Floyd. Floyd respects Cotto more than he does Pac.
                whoever says cotto is not in their league is an idiot. cotto is an elite beast, he is def in their league, and imo at 154 he would beat manny. **** he would beat him at 150 i think, but he will not be able to outbox or out think floyd.

Comment

Correction. Floyd fears Pacquiao more than he fears Cotto. Outboxing Pacquiao isn't that tough. He takes punches to land punches. Cotto will definitely see the end of the fight, but it is going to be a wide UD for PBF. And yes, in the 135-154 range it IS just Floyd and Manny in the same class, and everyone else (except maybe JMM) several rungs down.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                    whoever says cotto is not in their league is an idiot. cotto is an elite beast, he is def in their league, and imo at 154 he would beat manny. **** he would beat him at 150 i think, but he will not be able to outbox or out think floyd.
                    Idiot? No. Cotto, right now, is not in the same league as PAC/PBF. Manny would beat Cotto at any weight. Cotto has a style made for Pacquiao. And again... I love Cotto. He just isn't in the same league as PAC/PBF.

Comment

Cotto can do the upset, to Cotto get tired in the last 4 rounds he need to be pressured all the fight, things that Pacman and Margarito do, things that Mayweather not do. So i expect Cotto to stay fresh the 12 rounds and execute the plan, and if now is someone that can defeat Floyd is Cotto, styles makes fights and Cotto is the perfect fit for Floyd, also May is 35 not even in the prime, his last bout wasn't even a fight. Let's see what happen. Also Bradley CAN defeat Pacquiao too. Imagine a scenario where Cotto defeat Mayweather and Bradley Pacquiao. CAN HAPPEN. Boxing is about that. Also On the Rubio- Chavez tomorrow i expect a very close fight.
                      Last edited by TheBoxingMaster; 02-03-2012, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X