Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. - The Son of a Legend or a Worthy Successor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
    You never know man, it might be deja vu David Lemieux style.
    Im hoping Rubio comes thru and puts this circus act to rest

Comment

Relax a little

I have been as critical as Chavez Jr. in the ring as anybody but some people go a little to far. A worthy successor? Of course. Even to make it this far is an accomplishment. How many here would have carried the name that far?

Now as a boxer does he have his many faults? Yea he sure does. There to be hit for sure. I feel to many hate because he has PPVs already and for a long time was fighting chumps.

To be real he is still only 25. Of course he isn't going to be fighting top guys as he is learning to box. Didn't have an amateur career you know. Is he a paper champion right now? Yep but who isn't on their first title, especially these days.

His fights have been PPV because HBO wouldn't buy them yet and it was more profitable than putting them on ShoBox or FNF. Everyone else would have done the same thing in his position unless they didn't want to make money [yea right!].

I still think Rubio gets robbed tonight and the hatred of flames will get fanned some more. Don't trust the judges in Texas for anything and I think Rubio is slightly better. Don't think he will be able to get the kayo but land the better shots. He knows how to land his power.

Comment

You can see the fear in Rubio's skin.

Comment

Reason why julio cesar chavez sr was so great was cause he always stayed busy and thats what made him a great fighter unlike boxers today they fight once or twice a year and then we ask our self why they get knockout or lose? Boxers now in days dont fight that often and thats why theres so many sloopy boxers cause they only train for the boxing match we dont have gym rats the way we used to. To me i think if julio cesar chavez sr would have been american he would be consider the greatest fighter of alltime but because hes mexican they say hes the greatest mexican fighter of alltime....the way i see it is i was born in new york and my family came from the dominican republic and to me ive been watching boxing since i was 8 years old honestly i consider chavez sr as top 10 one of the greatest of all time easy.....chavez jr should nt rush his carrier being that he didnt have an amature carrier he should forget the critics and keep doing what hes doing....

Comment

Originally posted by JPRINCEOFBOXING View Post
            Reason why julio cesar chavez sr was so great was cause he always stayed busy and thats what made him a great fighter unlike boxers today they fight once or twice a year and then we ask our self why they get knockout or lose? Boxers now in days dont fight that often and thats why theres so many sloopy boxers cause they only train for the boxing match we dont have gym rats the way we used to. To me i think if julio cesar chavez sr would have been american he would be consider the greatest fighter of alltime but because hes mexican they say hes the greatest mexican fighter of alltime....the way i see it is i was born in new york and my family came from the dominican republic and to me ive been watching boxing since i was 8 years old honestly i consider chavez sr as top 10 one of the greatest of all time easy.....chavez jr should nt rush his carrier being that he didnt have an amature carrier he should forget the critics and keep doing what hes doing....
            Sr is one of the all time top ten fighter that Ive ever seen.

But he wasn't making money at Jr's stage. Sr fought a lot of top opposition and kept himself busy fighting frequently.

If Jr wasn't ready to take top fighters or worty #1 challengers then he shouldn't had won a belt and give chances to undeserving foe in a winnable fight.

Let you have a fighter that has gone up the hard way and they give the title to Jr and you never get to fight him cause you are a risk.

Even the WBC and HBO are in it in pushing Jr's career

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
              Sr is one of the all time top ten fighter that Ive ever seen.

But he wasn't making money at Jr's stage. Sr fought a lot of top opposition and kept himself busy fighting frequently.

If Jr wasn't ready to take top fighters or worty #1 challengers then he shouldn't had won a belt and give chances to undeserving foe in a winnable fight.

Let you have a fighter that has gone up the hard way and they give the title to Jr and you never get to fight him cause you are a risk.

Even the WBC and HBO are in it in pushing Jr's career
              I agree with your post but he should just keep fighting the number contenders. I do think that he should take on martinez but honestly bro everbody is gonna get there turn he just has to take care of his business with rubio. Then bigger fights will come.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
                Ok so others that don't share your point of view shouldn't post?
                Anyway, Sr won his first title @ 43-0 vs the GREAT Mario Martinez.
                At less than less than 30 fight no one knew who the hell Chavez sr was, for you to imply otherwise is hilarious. The second half of his career is what set his legacy. It's obvious Jr wants to do the same.
                I know exactly what Chavez did, who he beat and the great fighters he beat. You can have your opinion and I can call you out on how stupid it is.

Mario "Azabache" Martínez was no chump....lol Dude was 51-9 with 31 ko's.

Again, Chavez fought a lot but that had nothing to do with his quality of opponents. Man was a legend in the ring and one of the greatest to ever put on boxing gloves. His son is nowhere near that...sorry.

He's a decent young fighter but he's not his daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by JPRINCEOFBOXING View Post
                  I agree with your post but he should just keep fighting the number contenders. I do think that he should take on martinez but honestly bro everbody is gonna get there turn he just has to take care of his business with rubio. Then bigger fights will come.
                  I don't mind how many fights it would take to develop as a fighter but he can still enjoy being popular without a title. Not only that he would get much more respect by the boxing community.

It would take him longer now to gain that respect and a lost to him might really set him back

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
                    you are an ignorant b1tch. Just because you don't fight in the US means you fight bums. Ask Haugen. Chavez the best ever Angelo Dundee said it. Floyd is overrated.
                    Why bring up Floyd's name when he has nothing to do with it

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                      I don't mind how many fights it would take to develop as a fighter but he can still enjoy being popular without a title. Not only that he would get much more respect by the boxing community.

It would take him longer now to gain that respect and a lost to him might really set him back
                      I agree with you bro i just think that martinez had a chance on fighting zbik for the belt that its rightly his but he didnt and junior took the fight he won a close desicion and and now hes being called out by everybody and chavez jr needs to just take on the number one contenders and then just take on the big fights....but i do agree he should take on martinez

Comment

Working...
                      X