• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    whoopsssssssss
    floyd only has one name left now

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
      I'm just pointing out that most elite athletes in their mid 30's tends to decline in terms of physical attributes such as, speed, athletic explosiveness, ect.
      i know what you saying

Comment

He could probably be at the top a few more years and even after forty he should still be able to fight if he chooses to adapt. He has great defence and a solid chin so he could fight on and manage well even without his speed, reflexes and legs. His problem is a low workrate, in a few years time floyd might be outpointed by an high workrate pressure fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
          he is already 35 and has been a pro for 16 years and a champion for 14 isnt that longevity??
          I was thinking the same thing! Whats wrong with these guys on BS. IT'S LIKE THEY DONT THINK AT ALL!

Comment

I don't think he wants to fight beyond 2013. I think he has 2 more years of really good fighting.

Comment

hes been past it but he has maybe 2 years

Comment

Forget fighting until he's 40, he needs to retire on top. I think Bradley will beat Pacquiao if that fight happens, so all that will be left for Floyd is Martinez and probably Bradley. Of course if Manny wins that fight, May-Pac is the most important of them all. Then hang them up. No Khan, Canelo, or whoever else is around.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
                  Yes he can. Even as he slows down, his technique and experience can get him by.

Question is: does he want to?
                  ^this. also as hes natural ability starts to decline it will also increase the possibility of him losing hes 0

Comment

RJJ first got "RJJ'd" at 35. I think Floyd could be one of the ten best fighters in the world for another 5 years, but I see no point in not leaving while he's on top.

Comment

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
                      watch his stuff at 130 and see how much he already has declined..

i'll go as far as saying almost dramatically..
                      I'ts very rare for a fighter or indeed any athlete not to slow down a bit when he puts on more muscle and weight. Of course he is slower, but that was to be expected fighting 17 lbs. heavier. Except for Roy Jones, who up to before the Ruiz fight, was still exceptionally fast at 175. Especially when he wanted to be.
                      Last edited by edgarg; 02-03-2012, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X