Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd fights Cotto at 154, why not Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    What?? Pacman just lost to a lightweight & wanted Cotto at 147 now. Forget skip bayless & enter reality bro. A win against Martinez absolutely bosses on Pacman.
    What does that have to do with what I just said?

Cong**** to you for at least giving Mayweather credit IF the fight happens, but the reality is that as soon as Mayweather beats Martinez it'll be no different that any of his last few fights - the people that hate Mayweather will find an excuse of why he won, and the people that love him will praise him.

Business as usual.

Comment

I would hope he goes to 160 take the lineal crown and retire..... Resume would look real nice with that on it

Comment

Originally posted by jcpryor View Post
        Right up until the fight gets signed. Then Martinez will be a cherry picked, old, easy to hit bum that proves Mayweather is a coward for not fighting Pacquiao
        Yup same **** I was going to say.

Comment

Originally posted by -Deal With It- View Post
          Not @ 154. Martinez chances are about as slim as Cotto's.

160 is where Martinez-Floyd should take place.

Infact, i don't think Floyd should be campaigning any longer @ 147 period. There's just no challenges left for him there, that gentleman who's coming off a loss to a 40 year old blown up featherweight that everybody wants him to fight poses no actual threat to him. That's only a good fight on paper.

He should move up to middleweight after this fight and take on the lineal champ, whoever it may be at the time of his release.
          Mayweather at 160

Comment

Originally posted by jcpryor View Post
            What does that have to do with what I just said?

Cong**** to you for at least giving Mayweather credit IF the fight happens, but the reality is that as soon as Mayweather beats Martinez it'll be no different that any of his last few fights - the people that hate Mayweather will find an excuse of why he won, and the people that love him will praise him.

Business as usual.
            You're assuming that Floyd would even beat Martinez to begin with, he won't

Comment

This fight has to happen by mid-next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                You're assuming that Floyd would even beat Martinez to begin with, he won't
                Why? Because he can beat Paul Williams? :trollface:

Who has Martinez faced & beaten that has similar stylistic characteristics to Mayweather, that would give you an inkling about how well he'd fare in a matchup?

Beating Martinez @ 154 wouldn't even be Mayweather's best win in that weight class. Neither is a win over Cotto for that matter.

Oh yeah, Pacquiao beats Martinez @ 154 as well.

Comment

I already made a thread about this. I think he would but he wants to test the waters 1st. He's not going out there blind against Sergio. If he beats Cotto with ease and feels good at the weight then I think he would be much more open to the Sergio fight at that weight

Comment

Uhhh because Cotto is a PPV attraction?

Nobody in real life knows who Sergio Martinez is. He can't sell out an elementary school cafeteria.

Comment

Because Cotto is no risk, lotta reward.

And Sergio is the opposite

Comment

Working...
                      X