No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Discusses Cotto Fight, Shreds Pacquiao, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    Floyd knew he'd have the advantage, but JMM stepped up and made a challenge. Still, what's more shameful, adp, is that Pac actually KNEW JMM looked really bad at the weight against Floyd.. JMM is great, but Pac had no business fighting him. It's like the Shane fight, didn't really make sense..except it KIND of bit him in the ass against JMM. Turns out Pac's power didn't phase JMM at the weight...go figure.
    Not really. Against Floyd, Marquez was in charted territory. Against Manny he knew where he went wrong and fixed it. Also, against Manny there was no difference at the weigh-in. Against Floyd, we saw who was naturally bigger.

... but there is a difference. I said way before the fight that Manny shouldn't have fought Marquez at that weight. I also said, Mosley fight shouldn't be #1 pick for Manny.

but I knew that if Marquez was able to handle the weight, he would have had his moments .... and he did and then some.

but the same Floyd fans that called Cotto shot, never be the same because he fought Manny are now saying this is a good fight because its at 154 ... lol! and the same fans that agreed with Floyd that Manny only fights Floyd's leftovers are not calling Floyd out for doing the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      Not really. Against Floyd, Marquez was in charted territory. Against Manny he knew where he went wrong and fixed it. Also, against Manny there was no difference at the weigh-in. Against Floyd, we saw who was naturally bigger.

... but there is a difference. I said way before the fight that Manny shouldn't have fought Marquez at that weight. I also said, Mosley fight shouldn't be #1 pick for Manny.

but I knew that if Marquez was able to handle the weight, he would have had his moments .... and he did and then some.

but the same Floyd fans that called Cotto shot, never be the same because he fought Manny are now saying this is a good fight because its at 154 ... lol! and the same fans that agreed with Floyd that Manny only fights Floyd's leftovers are not calling Floyd out for doing the same.

I'm a Cotto fan also so I wish this fight wasn't happening because I think Floyd will hurt Cotto but I also know Cotto will go out on his shield and it will be great for him financially. I wish this fight wasn't happening but I understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by illwill112 View Post
        I'm sorry it bothers you *****s that FLoyd put his own foot in his mouth. You are assumming that ARUm would have said no if Floyd agreed to the 50/50 which makes you loo like a bigger ass beacsue FLoyd did what he does best, RUN.

I know Arum is a piece of **** and cancer to the sport and has done his own to make this fight not happen but to sit here praise FLOYD for ducking again well makes you look like a FLOYD Dyck Rider.

Tell me what was FLoyds excuse for not having a 50/50 fight? Is it because FLoyd has no becoem Pac accountant and knows all his accounts and how much he makes. GTFO please.

You *****s drink way to much of that FLOYD Kool-AID.
        Why would Arum agree to it when he is on record stating he wants to do a 4 man tournament and FMJ was not one of the 4...Just use common sense... You have been blind sided by the TeamPac train..smh..When he loses to Bradley you will fall by the waist side like all the other Pac****s..Bye Bye

Comment

• Originally posted by PacTard View Post
          Hahaha. Wow. This site is so horrendous with the amount of fanboys. There should be an IQ test/boxing knowledge test before you can join. Would go a long way in limiting posts like this one...
          I stated nothing but truth.

There is a certain degree of irony when an idiot named ******* even mentions IQ tests and gets butthurt when someone identifies facts....idiots like you have comprehension lapses when facts or truth are involved.

It's pretty hard to slag off Floyd for fighting Cotto at 154 when Manny wanted Miguel at 147 (or worst yet,maybe another 145 weight-lol).In fact all of Manny's "options" aside from Floyd (which never really was an option) were against Cotto at a catchweight, jr ww Lamont and Bradley, or a blown up LW in a 4th installment of Marquez-who,despite Manny's "improvements" STILL could not beat without gift decisions.

Remember,Manny just sc****d away with a gift against a blown up LW and is now facing a guy a division below him....smh if you can't see which fight is better.I doubt Manny's current opponent or last one would be able to be competitive with Cotto at 154.
          Last edited by damned1974; 02-01-2012, 11:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckToothed
            "I would never want to put a fighter in a position where he's not comfortable." - FMJ

LOL, JMM didn't get the memo on that Floyd!
            Originally posted by AlwaysOnTop View Post
            Was JMM drained,fool?

Comment

• That's funny because the Cotto that Floyd's fighting at 154 is the same Cotto that Pacroid refuses to fight unless it happens at 148.

But yeah, Floyd gets hate for doing what Pacroid refuses to do?

Is there an echo in here?

Wasn't that the SAME damn situation that played out with Shane?

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
              I stated nothing but truth.

There is a certain degree of irony when an idiot named ******* even mentions IQ tests and gets butthurt when someone identifies facts....idiots like you have comprehension lapses when facts or truth are involved.

It's pretty hard to slag off Floyd for fighting Cotto at 154 when Manny wanted Miguel at 147 (or worst yet,maybe another 145 weight-lol).In fact all of Manny's "options" aside from Floyd (which never really was an option) were against Cotto at a catchweight, jr ww Lamont and Bradley, or a blown up LW in a 4th installment of Marquez-who,despite Manny's "improvements" STILL could not beat without gift decisions.

Remember,Manny just sc****d away with a gift against a blown up LW and is now facing a guy a division below him....smh if you can't see which fight is better.I doubt Manny's current opponent or last one would be able to be competitive with Cotto at 154.

Comment

• I don't want to see this fight, but at least it's at 154 , gotta give him that.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  lmfaoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post

Some May fans are getting real crazy with the double standards. I will say I have seen a few of them calling May out for taking an easy fight, but in the end they'll still support it somehow. Cotto is to me, a better opponent at 154 but at least I never called him shot. Cotto would have most likely kept dominating at 147 had Cheato not used plaster that first night. He would probably have won a UD and possibly fought May right after that. Maybe he had a better chance then. Maybe that was meant to happen and Pedro Diaz will provide him with the guidance to win the fight of his life, who knows? Styles make fights so you can't compare May vs Marquez with Pac vs Marquez, I hate when people resort to that triangle theory stuff. I always felt like Marquez's style was good for Floyd to win. I believed Cotto's style was bad for Floyd a long time ago - then he lost his effective and knowledgeable trainer, confidence, balance and his passion - now, he has that all back. Just sayin' it gotta count for something, he has to at least be a better threat than he was to Pac at 145.

Comment

• Floyd fighting 2nd Pacquiao leftovers.

Hear hypocrite *****s saying "Cotto is a new man at 154".

Whatever reasons you hear, one things for sure Cotto is already shot years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X