Floyd defends his $40mil offer. "Pac is a $7mil fighter"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    http://fighthype.com/pages/content11654.html

Seems as if he's still going by what is says on the pay sheet from the NSAC and ignoring alll the other aspects that even his biggest fanboy Ben Thompson admitted when he disclosed that Pac actually pulled in a minimum of $22mil from the Marquez bout and not a total of $6mil. JMM was guaranteed $5mil for that fight. Does he really want us to believe that Pac who was the A-side and superstar was paid only $1mil more? LOL.
    So out of the story your complaining about an accuracy of figures quoted , like it being 22 not 6 , when the gist of the whole thing is what Floyd offered is way and above anything Pac has ever earned before , its nearly DOUBLE , thats the message ,,

hmmmmmmm you haters nit pick on words and lose the entire meaning of whats really being put out ,,, why not offer Floyd nearly double whatever his highest earning has been and see if he refuses or takes it , Floyd and Manny have different inputs and a very different business structure , you fanboys are such dimwits , its just incredible the hate and how it molds into your logic ,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Actually he said that he gave Pac 5 million directly after the fight to hold him over until the final PPV numbers were tallied. Pac's total guarantee was over 10 million and he ended up making around 20 million for the last JMM fight.
      Which brings me back to the point I've made. My personal opinion of who deserves what aside, because it doesn't matter- if you're Manny, why walk away from a payday that'd be double what you made in your last fight? Why not let $40MM guaranteed be the starting point to negotiation?

Comment

look at the *****'s go at it , floyd is a sham!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Champ Is Here View Post
          All of yall stfu

Cause no other fighter would have said no to 40 mil

So... stfu
          U STFU floyd wont gross more than 40mil fighting another boxer today!

Comment

Originally posted by bMak View Post
            Which brings me back to the point I've made. My personal opinion of who deserves what aside, because it doesn't matter- if you're Manny, why walk away from a payday that'd be double what you made in your last fight? Why not let $40MM guaranteed be the starting point to negotiation?
            Why accept $40 mill when you can make $60 mill?

Comment

why doesn't arum just build the stadium and contract a november date for pacman vs ......??

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                That's part of it but not the most significant factor. Floyd is a free agent and dips intp his own pockets for expenses, that's why he can keep a bigger slice of all the revenue generated. Pac has to pay Bob and GBP, so his slice is smaller.

Think about it this way:

FLOYD

- Floyd pays Haymon 5% to act as manager/adviser. It's been said before he takes btw 5-7% for fighters he manages.
                - Ellerbe and Roger i believe would be on a flat fee of about 250K per fight.
                - GBP probably takes a flat fee for the promotional work they do and pay for, or a small % of PPV and gate revenue. Additionally Floyd probably dips into his own pocket to pay for a large share, if not majority share of the promotional costs. He would use GBP because of their existing infrastructure, ie human capital, experience and contacts.
                - 25K each to Nate Jones and other training assistants.
                - Pay any staff who do any work at FMJ promotions.

MANNY

- Pay Bob 27%. His cut as he dips into his own pockets to promote.
                - Pay GBP 5%-10% or whatever they are entitled to. They get this weven if they don't spend a cent.

.....the rest pretty much is similar to Floyd's expenses and hangers on.

The first payment for Manny is the killer. Also he really doesn't know how much revenue Bob is taking his cut from. Bob could be taking more revenue than he is entitled to after expenses etc, and Manny wouldn't have a clue.
                So if Manny got his 40 million guarenteed he would have to pay Arum 10.8 million for his cut? or is Bob's cut seperate if Manny is guarenteed his 40 million? Damn Manny is getting robbed big time.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                  When Floyd was the one pulling in better #'s on a more consistant basis, he was cool with 50/50. Now that Pac is the one generating more money as far as ppv's, gate, and the money that he generates for Vegas when he fights, Floyd wants to offer him $40mil while he runs away with all the ppv revenue for a fight that is expected to break all records? LOL. Anyone who agrees with this either suffers from Floyd lust or doesnt want to see this fight.
                  WRONG now that Pacquiao says he is willing to take the smaller cut, Floyd asks him to take the smaller cut.....

Comment

Originally posted by vincebond View Post
                    Because you can only get 60 if the other guy agrees? Otherwise the choice is between 40 and 25ish.

Floyd is in the same dilemma but he makes more so to him there is less incentive to play ball to that degree~

Comment

Originally posted by vincebond View Post
                      Exactly what I've been looking for.

Point is, I don't disagree with that but I'm asking why you wouldn't negotiate from there? $40MM was the starting point, why not attempt to negotiate up to that possible $60MM?

If you walk away you're leaving $40MM on the table,with no guarantee that it will ever be there again, to go and fight for $20MM. I don't understand it.

Comment

Working...
                      X