Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd defends his $40mil offer. "Pac is a $7mil fighter"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when manny outsells de la hoya and mayweather, then talk ****-----he hasn't--- not even close on top of that---his fight with marquez has a history to it--of course it will sell good---floyd is a hated fighter--the most hated fighter in recent history, hell, maybe ever--but manny was making 6 million dollars guaranteed when he was fighting in 2009 with hatton and cotto and then clottey in 2010---and margarito also--of course his stock went up after the ppv buys dumbassess-lol

you people crack me up--floyd is talking about guaranteed purses--manny made bob promise him at least 10 million when he finally grew the balls to do so but that only meant more money in bob's pocket--this is why floyd is saying no to 50/50---the 40 million guarantee is a greta deal--floyd still owns the ppy buyrate record--he has that argument on his side, no matter who was the real draw--oscar never drew that much with anybody else--floyd played half the part in that record set fight---

i don't even mind 50/50--make the fight happen--manny is scared of floyd--nothing more---

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
      cant this chicken**** understand the fight is only possible if it's 50/50?.....jeez
      He understands perfectly.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcpryor View Post
        I dont think people like this will ever get it.

The expiration date on any hype for this fight has just about come up, for me at least. I'm not nearly as interested in this fight as I was even 5 months ago. It seems like we've become more interested in laying blame for the fight not happen than actually wanting the fight to happen. Its been the exact same story for 3 years - going in circles. Its pathetic what has taken place since 2009.
        People like this? who can see through his antics?

Are there people besides his loyal disciples that really believe floyd wants this fight? If he did, he wouldnt have brought up testing right after Manny beat Cotto. After 2 long years of vacations and blood testing, floyd puts up another roadblock. floyd fans easily forget the past 2 years. "Stop trying to lay the blame, lets see what else floyd wants. Im looking forward to seeing what he can come up next. Just stop blaming him"
        Last edited by shogunn; 02-01-2012, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• whups....floyd is back to being an idiot. knew it was too good to be true.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcpryor View Post
            I dont think people like this will ever get it.

The expiration date on any hype for this fight has just about come up, for me at least. I'm not nearly as interested in this fight as I was even 5 months ago. It seems like we've become more interested in laying blame for the fight not happen than actually wanting the fight to happen. Its been the exact same story for 3 years - going in circles. Its pathetic what has taken place since 2009.
            From the moment some fans thought of this fight as a concept Arum dismissed it, the fight was never going to happen for economic reasons. And instead of them accepting this cold hard truth, they've been running around the countryside in search of unicorns.

The fight never had a chance of happening, the fact that fans are exasperated waiting is their fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by shogunn View Post
              Was your stance take the tests? or was it 40 mill? Why wasnt the 40 mill number brought up during the tests? I thought that was what was holding up the fight.

Did floyds fans stance change along with whatever floyd tells you guys to? At least answer this question with a yes or no
              You bet it does

Floyd says jump, they say "how high?"

Comment

• madness

Y'all are crazy. You acting as if Manny Pacquaio was going to fight Floyd if it was a 50/50 spilt. He was already backing out of it before Floyd even called him. You can't say that he was because BEFORE Floyd called him his promoter already said that he WILL NOT be fighting on May 5th.

Manny Pac is scared... He stated before that he is even willing to take a LESSER PURSE to fight Floyd. So how come now he is not fighting Floyd because he want's 50/50? Its Bullcrap! He was never going to fight him in the FIRST PLACE.

He just made 22.5 million and paid Marquez 5 million even though the Mexican fans came up to see Marquez beat him. Why didn't he split 50/50 with Marquez? Its okay for him to not split 50 50 in a fight with Marquez even though MARQUEZ was the one drawing the crowd along with him. But its not okay for him to accept 40 million dollars from Floyd Mayweather? In a fight that Floyd would draw the most fans, and is paying for the venue? ARE YOU KIDIDNG ME?

This whole 50 50 thing is just so that he doesn't look bad. I bet if Floyd does like he did 2 years ago and says "Bet, we'll fight a 50 50 split" Team Pacquaio will back down like they did 2 years ago. To be honest i dont even wanna see Floyd Fight Pac now... for what? To see what everyone knows is gonna happen?

Also... i would still like for someone to prove to me that Pac is seling higher in PPV's than Floyd. I still have not seen any official proof that Pac sold more than 1.25 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by shogunn View Post
                  People like this? who can see through his antics?

Are there people besides his loyal disciples that really believe floyd wants this fight? If he did, he wouldnt have brought up testing right after Manny beat Cotto. After 2 long years of vacations and blood testing, floyd puts up another roadblock. floyd fans easily forget the past 2 years. "Stop trying to lay the blame, lets see what else floyd wants. Im looking forward to seeing what he can come up next. Just stop blaming him"
                  sigh -_-

Blood testing wasn't something that just randomly got thrown in at the last minute to throw in a roadblock. Not to mention the fact that blood testing shouldn't even be a roadblock to begin with. the majority of clean, elite athletes that get asked to prove that they are, in fact, clean would jump at the opportunity, especially for as much money that was at stake. Instead we got about 5 different excuses for why they wouldn't do blood testing - kind of like them giving about 5 different excuses for why they can't fight Mayweather on May 5th. The only reason you're calling it a roadblock is because Top Rank refused a 14 day cut off. Blood testing was just as much of a roadblock as requesting a 10 million dollar penalty per pound Mayweather was overweight. We don't talk about that much because Floyd agreed to it.

Top Rank and Pacquiao just recently agreed to doing full blood/urine testing, so calling Mayweather going on vacation a roadblock to making the fight in 2010 is ******ed. First off - he did take a long lay off. He didn't fight anyone else during that time. He certainly didn't make a multitude of excuses for why he couldn't fight on a day that he was actually available, while conveniently scheduling a fight 8 days after the person calling him out would no longer be able to fight. Not to mention the fact that Arum never even called anyone that was in a position to negotiate the fight in 2010.

But whatever. I'm fully aware that you PacFans will eat whatever **** Arum throws at you and like the taste of it. I'm willing to bet you're one of the same people that praised Pacquiao when he himself said he'd take a lesser share, but bashed Mayweather when he called him out on it. I'm I wrong about that?

Comment

• Originally posted by bMak View Post
                    Agreed, but no one's going to do that. Remember Roy and B-Hop?
                    too bad nobody will do it bro, what's with roy and b-hop? and even not knowing i have to say its a different thing between Pac vs Floyd, their is a lot more money involved...

Comment

• A bunch of nonsense. If Floyd agreed to 50/50 split and Pac wouldn't have accepted the May 5th date(which he hasn't) then this fight wouldn't of happen no matter the split.

If Pac accepted the date/venue and Floyd is pulling this nonsense of the split(yes in the last minute) after agreeing for 2 years mind you on a 50/50. Then this fight wouldn't have happened regardless of the date/venue.

I lay the blame more on Pac. Because, of all the excuses they made with the date and everything else. But, Floyd didn't help his matters any by demanding a bigger split or offering a flat fee. And, smh my @ "Floyd called his bluff" nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                      X