Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's say Gamboa dominates Rios...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamboa is simply too small, even juanma Lopez looks 2 divisions bigger than him!!

I think 135 against a face first brawler is ok, 140 against Pacquiao means getting KTFO!

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
      the athleticism, hand and foot speed in that fight would be sick to watch.
      It would be something to watch. They're two of the most gifted fighters in the world. My only concern would be that Yuri's never been tested the way Manny has. I'm sure Pacquiao can take Gamboa's power, but can the same be said the other way around?

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post

I think 135 against a face first brawler is ok, 140 against Pacquiao means getting KTFO!
        yeah maybe, but as far as height goes they are about the same, pac about an in taller I think

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          yeah I know, but realistically he wouldn't get a pacquiao fight immediately after beating Rios (if he beats rios).

So he'll be in the position of having to fight another big name to get Pac. That's how I see it anyway.
          I think realistically if (lol) he beats (lol) Brandon (lol) it sends a statement then he could fight the likes of a Bradley at 140 etc

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
            i disagree- manny does not have the ring intelligence, quality of footwork, short distance fighting ability that gamboa does or much idea what to do with a guy going backwards.
            not saying gamboa is likely to win but in terms of literally 'better in every department', well, i don't really agree that he is anywhere near as rounded a fighter.
            I said, "...comparable in every department." I agree that Gamboa's ring intelligence might be higher, but I was referring to the fighters' physical talents.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
              I think realistically if (lol) he beats (lol) Brandon (lol) it sends a statement then he could fight the likes of a Bradley at 140 etc
              I take it you can't fathom Yuri beating Brandon? lol

Comment

even juanma Lopez looks 2 divisions bigger than him!!
                nah man

Comment

Gamboa is simply too small, even juanma Lopez looks 2 divisions bigger than him!!

lol Alas....

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    I said, "...comparable in every department." I agree that Gamboa's ring intelligence might be higher, but I was referring to the fighters' physical talents.
                    yeah you did actually. still i disagree though! physically pretty similar (depending on how gamboa goes up in weight) about the same but skills wise no.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      It would be something to watch. They're two of the most gifted fighters in the world. My only concern would be that Yuri's never been tested the way Manny has. I'm sure Pacquiao can take Gamboa's power, but can the same be said the other way around?
                      He just seems to be one of those guys who will always go down and get right back up a second later - I can't think of a time when he's really been on que3r street on the verge of getting TKO or something....maybe i'm not going back far enough in my memory. I think the Salido knockdown was the latest in a fight he has been dropped, but he wasn't out of it.

It's like he starts the fight with the chin of Trinidad or Pryor, and once he gets knocked down he turns into RJJ and finally uses his reflexes and defense. So, while I think he will continue to get decked...unless he is really HURT, it wont matter because he is fast enough to avoid KO's which will allow him to do his fight as the fight goes along. I know saying getting knocked down by guys like Rios and Pac means nothing sounds dumb, but there have been guys like this who just get up and keep going like nothing happend because they are in such good condition

Comment

Working...
                      X