Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is boxing about??coming from nothing to something right.you earn your spot right

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    At the end of the day Floyd came out winning. He got Oscar so it was a great business move.

Marg was much more of a threat than what Baldo was. Goosen gave him a great deal for Baldo which he ended up losing in. Because, he was too stupid to believe Floyd word. That's on Goosen though not Floyd.

Fighting Baldomir who couldn't carry Marg jockstrap for the same amount was a great business decision. And, then later got Oscar. And, which was even a more genius decision. Arum F'd up that he didn't see the value in Floyd. He didn't share Floyd views. He should just let Floyd be Floyd. Instead of having him be the next SRL.
    yes but you forget those offers didn't come at the same time. floyd turned down 8 mill for margarito then 3 months passed and another 8 million offer came to fight baldomir. floyd couldn't possibly know that offer would come when he turned down margarito which was a career high payday. he also demanded 10 million to fight cotto(the same amount he got to fight delahoya)

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Who did he beat, none of those dudes were worth damn in the grand scheme of the sport.

Like I said the difference between them hype and oppurtunity~

I watched them both fight enough to see their quality, so stats are meaningless to how I feel. google up some more meaningless bullshit, maybe you will stumble across a real boxing arguement.
      You never fail to show yourself to be anything less than a straight fool. This is literally the worse response to a real question than ive ever seem from am allegedly "respected" poster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        One absolutely without power or aggression. The other one was a proven champ that was ko'ing fools left and right. Other than that tjey were both of hispanic origin. So you're right i guess
        Margarito was not a killer like that, he was more aggressive and threw more punches thus doing more damage.

Still that doesn't change my view on them, guys that beat one will stand a good chance of beating the other, while guys one beat will likely lose to the other.

Which would be why I consider them roughly equal, if you want to consider Margarito better fine be my guest but there really isn't as much in it as people make out.

Comment

One absolutely without power or aggression. The other one was a proven champ that was ko'ing fools left and right. Other than that tjey were both of hispanic origin. So you're right i guess
          ..well one didnt use plaster..and the other,..well you know!

Comment

You never fail to show yourself to be anything less than a straight fool. This is literally the worse response to a real question than ive ever seem from am allegedly "respected" poster.
            One dude isn't worth a quality responce~

Two I base things off fights I watch, it is my opinion I can form it however I choose~

Three One and two are why I do hold respect, and when talking actual fights breaking them down I am pretty good so there must be something to how I form my views right. I am not talking out of my ass even if you think that

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
              yes but you forget those offers didn't come at the same time. floyd turned down 8 mill for margarito then 3 months passed and another 8 million offer came to fight baldomir. floyd couldn't possibly know that offer would come when he turned down margarito which was a career high payday. he also demanded 10 million to fight cotto(the same amount he got to fight delahoya)
              He didn't know but again but it would have been bad business risking a potential Oscar fight, fighting Marg first. Again that was his goal. He has been calling Oscar out since 2003 and didn't get him until 07'. He gambled but at the end played it right. Look at where he is at now. He made a lot of calculated smart business decision that paid off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                but did he not earn his title by working his way up?
                You're quite right, he did. But unfortunately for his reputation he did it in an age when a fighter having 2-3 losses is already a "former" contender,and he had a lot more than that. There's no denying that he caught Judah out of form, out of focus and not even trying to win. At least that is what it seemed like to me. Still he deserves credit for his achievements.

Comment

One dude isn't worth a quality responce~

Two I base things off fights I watch, it is my opinion I can form it however I choose~

Three One and two are why I do hold respect, and when talking actual fights breaking them down I am pretty good so there must be something to how I form my views right. I am not talking out of my ass even if you think that

Do me a favor and let me know one other combo of fighters that are si similar after you watched them fight where one has a 17%ko ratio amd the other has about a 85% ko ratio. No biggie, i meam i know you actually watched all of their fights and their comp was basically the exact same.

Another similarity was how long they had held the strap at 147 and how many defenses they had. Similarities abound.

Comment

Who did he beat, none of those dudes were worth damn in the grand scheme of the sport.

Like I said the difference between them hype and oppurtunity~

I watched them both fight enough to see their quality, so stats are meaningless to how I feel. google up some more meaningless bullshit, maybe you will stumble across a real boxing arguement.
                    your opinion that floyd beats margarito is fine but you saying margarito and baldomir are the same is just nonsense. the reason margarito was considered more dangerous is because he had much more longevity at the top, he fought much better fighters win or lose, he beat much better fighters, he beat more ranked fighters, and he knocked out guys in more devastating fashion.

like you said you have to actually watch the fights to see the whole story. when margarito fought williams he gave a good account of himself in a close loss, when margarito fought santos at 154 most people thought he was robbed in puerto rico, margarito wore down top welters cintron, cotto and clottey, margarito won 11 title fights. this proves margarito was a top welter.

now when you watch baldomir you can see he did virtually nothing against judah until he hurt him once then chased him around the ring for 7 straight rounds. then he and a shot gatti fought an even fight before gatti succumbed. how are they on the same level?

then after baldomir lost to may did he redeem himself in anyway? no, he got a gift against a journeyman, he lost to bonsu, forrest and canelo. when margarito lost to santos he came back to beat cintron and clottey. when he lost to williams he beat cintron and cotto. he didn't vanish off the face of the earth like baldomir. to compare them is a disgrace.

Comment

• How many of baldo's previous 10 opponents had you heard of vs how many of margs'?

Comment

Working...
                      X