No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: Rios-Gamboa Would Be a Great Matchup

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: Rios-Gamboa Would Be a Great Matchup

Robert Garcia, the reigning Trainer of the Year and cornerman of former WBA lightweight champion Brandon Rios, stopped short of saying a deal between his fighter and Yuriorkis Gamboa was complete, but did not rule it out, either.

[Click Here To Read More]

Robert Garcia should be able to give Bam Bam some good advice on dos and don'ts vs a Cuban pedigree. I still remember the beat down he took from Casa as if it were last week.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
      Robert Garcia should be able to give Bam Bam some good advice on dos and don'ts vs a Cuban pedigree. I still remember the beat down he took from Casa as if it were last week.

That was an undefeated, 29-year-old Casamayor. Garcia showed some stones in that fight. "El Cepillo" was clearly taken by Robert's heart, as he demonstrated at the very end of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post

That was an undefeated, 29-year-old Casamayor. Garcia showed some stones in that fight. "El Cepillo" was clearly taken by Robert's heart, as he demonstrated at the very end of the fight.
        Yup! Garcia caught the, ahem, 29 (lol) year old Casa with some good shots during the course of the fight. Too bad the full fight isn't on Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
          Yup! Garcia caught the, ahem, 29 (lol) year old Casa with some good shots during the course of the fight. Too bad the full fight isn't on Youtube
          great fight. casa was a monster in his prime, would have loved to see him and floyd go at it. but garcia was far from a pushover even in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            great fight. casa was a monster in his prime, would have loved to see him and floyd go at it. but garcia was far from a pushover even in that fight.
            Yeah man, I remember when Casamayor, Corrales, Freitas, Mayweather, and few others I believe Nate Campbell were all being hyped up to fight each other circa 2000-2001 @ super Feather. Good times

Comment

Casamayor is a boring fighter like Rigondeaux if you know boxing

Comment

Originally posted by komandante View Post
                Casamayor is a boring fighter like Rigondeaux if you know boxing
                Oh, you must still be upset about the Katsidis loss. Don't be mad.

Comment

Working...
                X