Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF is up with hating on a possible pac vs bradley fight???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    Its simple really - BRADLEY IS NOT MAYWEATHER!

Timmy is a good fighter and tough too but Manny and Floyd are at the pinnacle of the sport, PPV Gods commanding Multi MILLIONS per fight and are being called by each's own army of fans the greatest fighter of all time ect and Thus both men are held to a higher standard and their ever move is scrutinised (as well as worshipped on the other side!)
    Exactly. Pac and Floyd should be fighting each other, and no one should buy anything else these two are involved in.

Comment

Cotto II. More $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by King Ju-Ju View Post
        Pacquiao vs Bradley and Marquez vs Peterson are 2 good fights imo. No hate from me on either 1.
        EXACTLY...and you have the winners face each other then same with the losers.

I like it. This would be a great exposure and chance for both Peterson and Bradley. It would definitely be great for boxing, a step forward, instead of recycling the same old fighters/fights over and over.

Comment

Bradley isn't on Pac's level, never was, and I've said that all along. I can't see Bradley beating Khan, and Khan is Pac with less power and that runs more.

Bradley ain't fast enough in neither hand nor foot to outbox him. He doesn't have the power to knock him out (that's just fact, and if u disagree ur a moron). Does he have the chin to withstand the onslaught? Maybe...

So maybe he'll go the distance, but I can't see where he's a match. I can't see Pac having to dig down for the victory. I can't see it being entertaining at all... It'll be the same thing every round

He'll just dominate Tim, who's only points of success will be when he dodges a combo, winds up clinching on the inside, try roughing him up, but to no avail, and end up getting outpointed in a one-sided decision

Comment

I just don't see how Bradley can win, he is a good all around fighter but without real pop.

So he would therefore have to outbox Manny and do a better job than JMM did, now Bradley when he punches he gets very wide and sloppy plus leaves himself very open at times~ so it is tough to see him doing a better job than JMM who throws perfect looking punches and in the third fight really didn't leave himself open which he normally does.

Now I don't hate the fight although it certainly is likely ugly~ because Bradley is a quality fighter and a young hungry guy so maybe he fights the fight of his life but is that really enough to win in this situation I have a hard time seeing it.

But hey who knows I will watch just to see if that theory is correct.
            Last edited by The Gambler1981; 01-28-2012, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              I just don't see how Bradley can win, he is a good all around fighter but without real pop.

So he would therefore have to outbox Manny and do a better job than JMM did, now Bradley when he punches he gets very wide and sloppy plus leaves himself very open at times~ so it is tough to see him doing a better job than JMM who throws perfect looking punches and in the third fight really didn't leave himself open which he normally does.

Now I don't hate the fight although it certainly is likely ugly~ because Bradley is a quality fighter and a young hungry guy so maybe he fights the fight of his life but is that really enough to win in this situation I have a hard time seeing it.

But hey who knows I will watch just to see if that theory is correct.
              Pacquiao should win and win easily, but I can see how Bradley might pull the upset.

His KO percentage may suggest the guy can't hit, but I've never seen a Bradley fight where he didn't drop or at least stun his opponent. He has enough power to make a fighter think, any fighter. Bradley cannot fight exactly the same way Marquez did, but he also wouldn't have to. He's better defensively than Marquez, and when Pac got close he has the strength and skill inside to absolutely dominate inside. He has the skill to make Pac chase and then make him pay.

His recklessness would be his undoing most likely, but Bradley would know that going in. If he had a strategy and it didn't work, he's among the best in the sport at adjusting.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Pacquiao should win and win easily, but I can see how Bradley might pull the upset.

His KO percentage may suggest the guy can't hit, but I've never seen a Bradley fight where he didn't drop or at least stun his opponent. He has enough power to make a fighter think, any fighter. Bradley cannot fight exactly the same way Marquez did, but he also wouldn't have to. He's better defensively than Marquez, and when Pac got close he has the strength and skill inside to absolutely dominate inside. He has the skill to make Pac chase and then make him pay.

His recklessness would be his undoing most likely, but Bradley would know that going in. If he had a strategy and it didn't work, he's among the best in the sport at adjusting.
                That is why it will end up an ugly fight and that is the heart of Bradley's adjustments make the fight ugly to throw off the other guy to be less effective thus making Bradley more effective in the end.

The power issue, I would put Bradley's power in with all the other guys that Manny has handled, not bad but not really fight altering either so I can't see it really bothering Manny even if he ends up marking him up pretty bad.

I would think Hatton fight but not what actually happened what people thought would happen, a tough rugged contest which would be fairly ugly and tightly contested but I don't think Bradley wins that fight. He would have to win convincingly to win that way and I just don't think he will be able to create that much difference fighting as he does, plus what happens if Bradley gets caught if Kendal Holt can take advantange it stands to reason Manny might be able to also.

I could be wrong though~ which is why I would watch it and wouldn't mind it really but if I don't think a guy can win I can understand some people talking smack about the fight
                Last edited by The Gambler1981; 01-28-2012, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  That is why it will end up an ugly fight and that is the heart of Bradley's adjustments make the fight ugly to throw off the other guy to be less effective thus making Bradley more effective in the end.

The power issue, I would put Bradley's power in with all the other guys that Manny has handled, not bad but not really fight altering either so I can't see it really bothering Manny even if he ends up marking him up pretty bad.

I would think Hatton fight but not what actually happened what people thought would happen, a tough rugged contest which would be fairly ugly and tightly contested but I don't think Bradley wins that fight. He would have to win convincingly to win that way and I just don't think he will be able to create that much difference fighting as he does, plus what happens if Bradley gets caught if Kendal Holt can take advantange it stands to reason Manny might be able to also.

I could be wrong though~ which is why I would watch it and wouldn't mind it really but if I don't think a guy can win I can understand some people talking smack about the fight
                  My whole point though is that bradley has an exponentially better chance at the upset than ortiz ever did with floyd.

And yet the people talking smack about even the possibility of a bradley fight are the same ones that have been spewing the same tired rhetoric the past few years about pac.

That pac avoids black fighters and the "slick" style
                  That pac cherry picks old shot fighters and ducks young hungry fighters in their prime.

All while defending the legitimacy of floyd-ortiz and the supposed that ortiz posed to floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                    My whole point though is that bradley has an exponentially better chance at the upset than ortiz ever did with floyd.

And yet the people talking smack about even the possibility of a bradley fight are the same ones that have been spewing the same tired rhetoric the past few years about pac.

That pac avoids black fighters and the "slick" style
                    That pac cherry picks old shot fighters and ducks young hungry fighters in their prime.

All while defending the legitimacy of floyd-ortiz and the supposed that ortiz posed to floyd.
                    No he doesn't~

Ortiz was a big strong southpaw who give Floyd problems according to many, plus he was coming off a long lay off~

Ortiz's chance relied heavily on Floyd not being the same but those chances are better than Manny not being the same.

Also Bradley isn't slick~ he spoils but he isn't slick

IF anything they are exactly equal because both chances rely on the guy they are fighting not being at their best to have any chance to win~

So look in the mirror because you are doing what you are saying bothers you~

Comment

Go ahead, fight Bradley, underestimate him and catch a loss.

Comment

Working...
                      X