Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some of the best most fun Boxing Video games?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greatest heavyweight on the sega genesis. Period.

Comment

Comment

If you have a PSP, Boxer's road 2 or Victorious Spirit are the best boxing games I've played. I think if I had to choose between them, it' be BR2 because it has real boxers like Hozumi Hasegawa.

Then there are the PS2 versions of them which are Victorious Boxers 1, 2, and Road (japanese only)

They trump Fight Night in terms of Mechanics. The footwork is so much more fluid and so is the upperbody movement. Fight Night restricts you from going "Up and under" with its footwork and head movement. That might not make sense, but the best example I can give is think of the Turn move Pacquiao does after throwing a right hook (see: knockout against Hatton).

You can do that in BR2/VS, but not Fight Night. Game is so much more fluid. The only downside is most of the fights only last 2-3 rounds most of the times.

However with the in depth career mode, I let the computer take care of my diet and training plans (Yes, you have to set a diet for your boxer to make weight/increase stats) and my fights go the distance with that mostly.

It's literally the perfect boxing engine. It would be the perfect boxing game if there were three things:

-Sliders to edit stats like power and speed so fights would last longer
        -Create your own boxers (To create a boxer, you have to take him through Career mode. It's a shame you can't just create your own fighter to compete in exhibition like Fight Night)
        -Better scoring (Scoring sucks in this game, they give a lot of even rounds)

Here's a video of it (the game is in japanese, but PSP's are reigon free)

This video isn't the default camera angle, but its a good example of how fluid the footwork is and how you can go pretty much anywhere in the ring. Ignore the commentary, the guy added his voice to the video.

Comment

I like the improvements Fight Night Champion made on the career modes of the game.

Comment

That old school Buster Douglas game was the shit back in the day, yo.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_ray View Post
              evander holyfield real deal boxing for sega game gear or GTFO
              This right here^^^^

I also enjoyed that HBO boxing game on ps2 with Prince Naseem hamed

Comment

Victorious Boxers 2.

You can get ruined in that game. Have your character break his jaw... you'll see how.

Comment

I will try to get victorious boxers 2 thanks guys.

Comment

Victorious Boxers looks great. I can't believe I've never heard of it before.

Comment

Yeah that PSP game looks really cool ill have to check it out once i get a new stick for my PSP.. my old one fell out right when i was fighting for a title with Barrera in FNR3... im against the ropes happily countering between the other guys shots when my stick pops right out of my psp and the guy starts nailing barrera right in the face.. yeah that was no fun

Ironically even with no stick i still managed to win the fight because parrying then using a super punch or whatever is so strong :/

Also ive been playing chavez boxing 2 on SNES emulator for like 5 years.. haha its not much of a game really but its fast paced and you can put any punch together in combination and its very very fluid

Comment

Working...
                      X