Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Senchenko Celebrate, Force Malignaggi To Travel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Senchenko UD, nice and easy, without homejudging.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Donovan
      The way it’s being told from his camp, you’d think unbeaten welterweight titlist Vyachaslev Senchenko just scored the biggest victory of his career.
      That's a pretty funny line Jake, it made me laugh.

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
      People can make fun of Paulie all they want but Paulie will fight anyone, anywhere at anytime. He has never ducked anyone
      Well of course he will, he has no real true fan base, he doesn't bring ratings, he is not a big draw, he is just above the level of a fringe contender. But, not a true contender. Pac fought Ledwaba in 3 weeks notice. At one point Pac would fight anywhere, anyone, anytime. You see how that changes when you hit a certain level.

and he will fight in anyone's backyard. Sure he has no power
      I don't know about that, he seems to be contemplating whether or not he is going. More than likely he will go cuz' of the payday he will receive.

but his boxing skills are second to none
      This is just ridiculous...Second to none? Why because he moves? Moving alone doesn't make you skilled. His defense is average, offense average. His mouth have people believing he is tremendously skilled. But, he really isn't.

and he has a great chin and he is tough, no quitting in him.
      This is true, Paulie chin is damn good. And, his toughness my goodness. Now you can say that is second to none.

Unfortunately he will probably get robbed in the Ukraine, like he did in Texas against Diaz.
      Plenty of fighters go overseas and win. Moreno went overseas multiple times and he was so good that they couldn't find a way to rob him. Bradley went overseas for his first title and won. Japan is pretty fair in judging, haven't seen too many wrong decisions there. Plenty of fighters come here to the U.S and get robbed. Saying that I'm not to familiar with Ukraine scorecards history. So who knows. Only time will tell.

I do think Paulie has resurrected his career a bit at 147 though.

WAR Paulie!!!
      Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
      most definitely. he got a title fight practically out of nowhere.
      I disagree, I don't think he has resurrected his career at all. Just because you get a title shot doesn't mean your career has been resurrected. Randall Bailey has a title shot as well. Don't think his career is resurrected. Mexican cops have for WW title not too long ago. Fighting for a title has been very deluded nowadays.
      Last edited by jrosales13; 01-27-2012, 02:57 AM.

Comment

^ there's a big difference though. bailey is not worth a dime (berto vacated his title because of that), and paul is worth ... well 250k ... i think the winner of this should fight brook.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
          ^ there's a big difference though. bailey is not worth a dime (berto vacated his title because of that), and paul is worth ... well 250k ... i think the winner of this should fight brook.
          Bailey is worth as much as Malignaggi. The reason why Berto didn't fight Bailey(Becasue Berto did try to fight Bailey) is because one HBO didn't want it. Two, Ortiz is worth more than both of them put together. And, Showtime and HBO were willing to bid for the latter.

I agree with the winner should fight Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            Bailey is worth as much as Malignaggi. The reason why Berto didn't fight Bailey(Becasue Berto did try to fight Bailey) is because one HBO didn't want it. Two, Ortiz is worth more than both of them put together. And, Showtime and HBO were willing to bid for the latter.

I agree with the winner should fight Brook.
            why doesn't brook fight mike jones? oh wait that would make too much sense. both these guys are being groomed as stars so they can't fight anyone risky till they are 50-0.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              why doesn't brook fight mike jones? oh wait that would make too much sense. both these guys are being groomed as stars so they can't fight anyone risky till they are 50-0.
              I agree bro, I would love to see a Brook-Jones fight. There was talking about having it last year. But, like you said it made too much sense to get it done. Jones is fighting bailey next for the vacant IBF title. Hopefully after that, a Brook fight can be made. But, not likely that will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                Saying that I'm not to familiar with Ukraine scorecards history. So who knows. Only time will tell.
                I'm familiar with Ukraine scorecards history and judging in Donetsk is very generous to guest fighters. Karoly Balzsay escaped with win over hometown fighter Kashtanov, and another hometown fighter Oleg Efimovich was ROBBED vs Sofiane Takoucht. I was simply astonished by that decision... Other that that, scoring in Donetsk was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by GatecrasherUA View Post
                  I'm familiar with Ukraine scorecards history and judging in Donetsk is very generous to guest fighters. Karoly Balzsay escaped with win over hometown fighter Kashtanov, and another hometown fighter Oleg Efimovich was ROBBED vs Sofiane Takoucht. I was simply astonished by that decision... Other that that, scoring in Donetsk was pretty good.
                  Then that's good to hear...Since Golden boy and Stephen Espinoza(who now runs Showtime sports) have a very close relationship. GBP should try to have this on Showtime.

Comment

yayy Team Senchenko wins the right to rip off Malignaggi on pts.

Paul, dont make the trip unless the money is good. You cant win there, bub.

Comment

Originally posted by rzagza View Post
                      yayy Team Senchenko wins the right to rip off Malignaggi on pts.

Paul, dont make the trip unless the money is good. You cant win there, bub.
                      He can't win vs Senchenko anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X