No announcement yet.

Boxingtruth asks Marley to explain 22 mil for Floyd and 6 for Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
    And if you hit, say 40K no one will be able to dispute you if you say you hit 140K. That's exactly what the Mayweather mouth projects to me. As for Manny and his $6 mill guarantee, I really doubt it. He was the 6th top athlete earner a year or two ago in Forbes, and surely hasn't earned less since, but more, as he's getting more sponsors.

Nobody really knows what the financial details for these top stars are. We hear all sorts of speculative rumours, thrown around by both crazies and writers, with no real merit.
    yup.....pac earned 22 mil vs jmm 3..

...floyd earned 25 mil vs jmm..

these numebrs came from credible sources, not fighthype.com...

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
      So Manny turned $40 million to make $7million+ppv?
      Wow
      That's all that needs to be said. It's Pac catching up with Floyd not the other way around. Pac consistently tries to play this off as if he's got the upperhand and the sheep just follow.

Pac fights for penuts and now were talking real money yet he acts as if he's been making $40 mil all along.

I don't really care anymore, I know a hype job when I see one and I know where there how people will always follow.

Most people hate the truth and love the lie.

Comment

intresting. i hate that pac is getting ripped off the way he is

Comment

Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
          Whoever doesn't think this fight should be a 50/50 split down the middle Is just plain ignorant! If Floyd refuses on 50/50 and this is the reason this fight doesn't get made, he is plain wrong and pearly doesn't want this fight!

I don't blame Pacquiao for walking away and telling Floyd to **** off! If this fight doesn't get made, it's on Floyd!
          There's an extra dimension to it.

It seems Mayweather is now responsible for making up for what Arum should have done for his fighter.

Pac's not being payed as a top tier fighter and his last fight took some luster off the superfight. And he sued Floyd instead of just doing the OST and shutting everyone up. And you also have May feeling like his name was used as a promotional tool with the double talk interest in a fight by Arum, Roach, Manny, etc.

I'm thinking, Floyd genuinely thinks Manny doesn't deserve to make what he has after May put all the work in to do so for superfight money and Pac let's himself get treated like he's in a child labor camp. Floyd's definitely on that superiority tip and.. well, if that were me I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing in a bitter rivalry. Let me make that clear, a bitter rivalry, and it would be the exception in being a shrewd businessman (for me anyway). Those two owe each other no favors the way they go at each other.

If the fight doesn't get done the way it is, I'm not mad because I think something like the above is what floats around in May's head. I'm pretty sure it's more politics than any fear factor at this point.

The sad part is, on a fairness standpoint Manny does deserve 50/50. After following all this over the last couple of years this should be a lesson for fighters not to get into competitive one-upmanship with rivals without fighting them. Manny's in a position where he almost needs this fight because of Arum, but there's such bad blood between him and Floyd's side, negotiations are hostile.

Comment

45%-50%, in favor of Floyd, the winner gets the other 5%. That's completely fair...otherwise, I'm boycotting all of Pac and Floyd's fights

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
              yup.....pac earned 22 mil vs jmm 3..

...floyd earned 25 mil vs jmm..

these numebrs came from credible sources, not fighthype.com...
              I think it is funny as heck that people believe that Pac only made 6 million for the JMM 3 fight. JMM made like 5 million for that fight, so you know that Pac made at least 3 times that.

Comment

The guarantee only comes into effect if the fighter earns less than the guaranted amount.

So really it is in no way an indication of who earns more.

Also you have to remember that Floyd writes himself a cheque for his guarantee so really he's got $0 guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
                  intresting. i hate that pac is getting ripped off the way he is
                  same here...I try not to get caught up in the money debates...thats just not my thing...to argue ANOTHER man's worth....but I can't help but HATE Arum and Koncz with a passion....they don't give a dam about Manny or his ppl.....they're USING him and his power of influence on the Pinoys to get richer and richer......Mr. Haymon was god sent for the African American fighters because DK was devil sent lol....dudes like Paul Williams, Jermain Taylor and Floyd...just to name a few...are doing really well as far as money goes....Mr. Koncz is not a REAL advisor....he's working for Arum NOT Manny....its obvious!!

Comment

FACT: if you are floyd mayweather or manny pacquiao, you don't need a f***ing promoter.

the fact that arum takes a big a cut as he does for doing virtually nothing, is ridiculous.

let's just be honest here: ANY OF US here, on a messageboard, could promote a mayweather or pac fight. half of us on this messageboard are unemployed, undereducated losers and WE could get a mayweather or pac fight 1 MILLION PPVs easily. there's nothing to promote. there's nothing to do. the **** sells itself!

Comment

Pacman is just a puppet and it has to do with his intellect really. He's is uneducated boxer who is getting ripped off by Arum and his adviser, and he's a congressman in his country. What a shame really!

Comment

Working...
                      X