Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum: If not Cotto or Mayweather, then it's Pacquiao-Bradley, Marquez-Peterson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair I think a lot of people would be real exicted for a Pac vs Bradley matchup! The only other legit fight in my eyes for Pac other than Floyd. He would be fighting what a lot of people have been asking him to do! A young undefeated black fighter in his prime! **** a Cotto fight!

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
      Leonard didn't say that
      Where did you get the "Leonard" from.? It wasnt the original word, which was "Schaefer".

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        What is wrong with excepting 40 mill guaranteed , how does it effect you and why do you argue about it or take sides , its a business offer and a dam good one seeing its nearly double what Pac has ever made before , but if he dont want it he can negotiate and place a counter offer , but Arum is quick to say NO we are gone ,,, Arum never wanted the fight anyway and Bradley was the first guy mentioned , funny how its looking like Bradley now , just like , if we cant get Floyd we will take Clottey , if we cant get Floyd we will take Margo , these are Bobs first utterings on the each so called negotiation , Bob always gets what he wants and the Pac ******s swallow it all .
        We really have no idea what Pacquiao makes, regardless of reports, except rumour and speculation. As for his refusing $40 mill, that indicates to me that he likely earns a good deal more than that when he fights. Don't forget, his residual returns from all over the world come in for years after the fight, and Arum made his legal reputation as a tax lawyer.........

My last comment is itself speculation, but far more likely that the wild statements made by the looney crazies every day.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
          How can it be 50/50 when Pac agreed to take the lesser share?
          Mayweather says a lot more than his prayers and why the hell should casual comments from only Pacquiao be expected to be cast in stone. Nothing is valid in boxing except by "signed, sealed, and delivered" contract.....and not always even then.

AND...he didn't say "THE lesser share" he said "A lesser share". Which you probably know anyway but prefer to ignore.

Comment

I also think Bradley is a good fight for Pacquiao. Would be a very solid win for him.

Comment

Originally posted by LupinIII View Post
              i wonder how much manny makes with a bradley fight?
              A lot more than what your ancestors made since the begining and including the food stamps that you get nowadays.

Comment

Wooooooow I cant believe this ****.
                Im never buying a top rank ppv again, **** it.

**** Bob Arum
                **** Top Rank
                **** Any stupid person who road along with their bull for the past 4 years.

They just raped boxing of millions of dollars..every Manny event made multi millions because they implanted the idea into peoples heads that manny was better than floyd and he was the hero coming to get the bad guy.
                But really He just has his GED and hes getting ripped off by his promoter and his manager.

These Nove,ber negotiations are more suspect then the timeline....... we will not see this fight until 2013 and thats only if there isnt some other option out there for Manny to fight or if Tim Bradley hasnt already ripped Manny a new ***.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                  Wrong. The question you need to ask yourself is, how does Pac agree to fight for 6 to 7 million but turns down 40 million?

Answer:
                  Pac doesn't, Bob Arum does, who has been holding the fight up from day 1.
                  Who the hell knows that Pacquiao fights for $6-7 mill. the guy in in Forbes as the 6th highest paid athlete. And think for a minute, if it were true that Arum turned down a $40 mill purse in favour of , say $7 mill ( by contract it could only be Arum, MannyP has no say in making money deals with opponents) Pacquiao could have a very good reason to have his contract with Top Rank voided.

It's likely that $40 mill is a good deal less than he actually grosses from a fight. I believe, also, that Mayweather's "offer" was purely to try to make mischief between Pacquiao and Arum. All his escapades and pre-MannyP fight announcements are sheer mischief making.

THINK!
                  Last edited by edgarg; 01-26-2012, 10:22 PM. Reason: substituted "i" for 'o".

Comment

Originally posted by mercadojglb View Post
                    The boxing judges will try to screw up Bradley just like they did to Marquez against Pac. They don't want to screw up Pac/Mayweather fight. I say **** it..its not gonna get made anyways due to that Jewish geezer.
                    By "Jewish geezer" do you mean Al Haymon?

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                      *****s are slow...pac's offer to take a smaller purse is already off the table. pac also said in another interview that he never said he's willing to take a smaller share so don't put words into his mouth.
                      Well if that's actually the case, then that should settle THAT. Anyway, the words I saw printed (whether true or not) were "A lesser share: not "THE lesser share" which certain posters are flogging to death. Could easily be assumed that MannyP was expecting, say 60%and would now take less than that.

Comment

Working...
                      X