Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux on Donaire: I Will KO The Top Rank Traitor!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keehlnate View Post
    Why won't Rigo fight Nishioka first? Is he scared of him? I mean Nishioka is the #1 in the 122 lb rankings, while Donaire is just moving up in weight.
    who said rigo is not interested in Nishioka?

And Donaire, months ago, said his goal was to unify the belts at 122. He said he wanted Arce and the Rigondeaux-Ramos winner. Why the change of heart now?

And LOL this guy has just 9 professional fights.
    why is that funny? It's impressive he's a titlist after 9 fights. Kazuto Ioka won his title after only 7 fights just last year.

Comment

Rigondeaux,its too early Ramos was losing to that Guy who. Beat cebellos or somthing

Comment

Originally posted by b0ndsj0ns20 View Post
        That would be a great fight, for the 2 to 3 rounds it lasted. Vic would come forward squared up and open like he always does and then Rigo would put him to sleep.
        Vic would love this fight. He'd be fighting someone who's going to take the fight to him and who's shorter than him with hardly a difference in reach. That's a perfect fight for him. Rig gets knocked out in the mid-late rounds. Since Donaireis ducking Rig, this fight could easily happen.

Comment

I remember the first interview I ever saw of this guy, his attitude radiated off of him lol, reminds me a lot of Mayorga, a fighter who walks around with a chip on his shoulder and seems angry at the world lol, That isn't the kinda guy that you want to step into the ring with. People are saying he's a hypejob, that his amateur experience doesn't really matter, among other things. The fact is, the guy has enough boxing experience to be a threat against any guy in and near his weight division. Not also can he box, but he's becoming a body snatcher. Although he hasn't fought anybody major yet, the talent and skill-set is definitely there. He will be Donaire's toughest fight to date, so I don't understand how Nonito is gonna simply walk over him.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            I remember the first interview I ever saw of this guy, his attitude radiated off of him lol, reminds me a lot of Mayorga, a fighter who walks around with a chip on his shoulder and seems angry at the world lol, That isn't the kinda guy that you want to step into the ring with. People are saying he's a hypejob, that his amateur experience doesn't really matter, among other things. The fact is, the guy has enough boxing experience to be a threat against any guy in and near his weight division. Not also can he box, but he's becoming a body snatcher. Although he hasn't fought anybody major yet, the talent and skill-set is definitely there. He will be Donaire's toughest fight to date, so I don't understand how Nonito is gonna simply walk over him.
            I don't get that sense from Rigo. He's very confident, no doubt, but I don't see him as arrogant or having a chip on his shoulder, or anything like that. Guillermo has talked some trash before fights, but that's a common ploy in the fight game. Some fighters try to get in their opponents' heads. After it's all done, they go back to being their normal selves. Ali used to talk monumental trash, but he usually had some kind words for his opponent afterwards. "El Chacal" had some praise for Ramos after their fight. It's all in the spirit of competition. The guys I find hard to stomach are the ones who continue belittling their opponent even after conquering them in the ring. Those are the guys who believe their own garbage.

As for Rigondeaux's amateur experience: I can understand why some people would be leery of Guillermo's background. But we're not talking about just any amateur champion. We're talking about an amateur ATG with over 400 fights, two Olympic golds and many other achievements. I certainly agree that Rigo has something to prove on the pro level, but anyone discounting his amateur background and obvious physical talents are either uninformed, prejudiced or simply hating.

Comment

People insult the guy for only having nine fights, but the dude's a two-time olympic gold medalist. Of course he got a title shot quickly. Ramos was one of 122's best and Rig blew him away. He clearly belongs in the pro's.

It's wierd, Nonito claims he wants to give the fans what they want, yet he turns down fighting Rig, who's probably the most anticipated opponent.

Comment

Knowing Nonito, I bet he'd just shrugged this trash talk.

I just dont know about his wife though.

Comment

"Top Rank traitor"

Rigo has yet to get into the ropes in the business of boxing.

But yeah Donaire was prolly punch drunk trying to sign with GBP that time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowShade View Post
                    People insult the guy for only having nine fights, but the dude's a two-time olympic gold medalist. Of course he got a title shot quickly. Ramos was one of 122's best and Rig blew him away. He clearly belongs in the pro's.

It's wierd, Nonito claims he wants to give the fans what they want, yet he turns down fighting Rig, who's probably the most anticipated opponent.
                    No he was not, he was one of Haymon products. Ramos fight prior to this said a lot about what level of fighter Ramos was. But, yes Rigondeaux clearly belongs with the pro's....122 is a 3 man race between Rigo, Donaire, and Nishioka. Maybe, Poonsawat can be thrown in there to make it a 4 man race.

Comment

Working...
                    X