Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Miguel Cotto Top 3 P4P Most Hated Boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cotto is alright, some of his fans tho - deluded.

Comment

I got nothin but love for Cotto.

Comment

I'd say that every boxer that has achieved any fame in this sport has delusional fans. So if we were to follow that same logic, I suppose we can conclude that every pugilist that gets named in this forum should be equally dissed on.

I don't buy that nonsense. Coz Cotto has been called many negative names, most if not all of them do not hold much water. He's been said to have a weak chin. How many times has he had encounters with the canvas? He's said to be slow, He surely isn't the fastest but his timing makes up for the lack of speed. He's said to not be able to fight backwards, he's proved it more than once, Margarito being the most recent. He's said to not have footwork. etc....

Bottom line is, the guy is not second tier, he's got better names on his resume than most top P4P boxers today. What would Floyd, nonito, martinez be? 3rd tier? We can compare records all day long and we'll see then who is delusional. I too am a fan and am not blind. I think it's stupid for him to move up to fight Chavez, he's too small and the size difference will probably be to much. I do think that he has as good a chance as anyone to take on Floyd, more so 3-4 years ago. The whole pacquiao argument, can be seen several ways. I won't put up excuses for Cotto, he got spanked by Manny. I do think that a rematch will not look or seem the same, even if it's in a losing effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
          Ahhhhh fugg! All this Cotto hate makes me sick man! Why does everyone hates so much on Miguel? WTF?

Miguel is a four time champion on three diferent weight classes, 37-2-30KOs, WBO, WBC and WBA Champion, 78.94% of his fight won by KO, Olympian, top tier PPV attraction, top 15 P4P all throught his carreer, likely future HOF, and the list goes on and on.

He is a very proud who carries his colors till the end, a true profesional and will put on the show each and everytime YET he gets no respect from most, and seems that on this message board he is one of the top 3 P4P most "hated" boxer. I just dont see why is this? Its because of his heritage? Race? Accomplishments or "lack" of? Envy? What is it?

I think that he deserves quite a bit more credit and respect.

Miguel Cotto has earned his this. A true profesional, pasionate and dedicated boxer who is true to this family and the sport.

And yes, I'm a fam of Miguel, but not a blind fan. I respect him for who he is in and out the ring and his accomplishments.

Post on, let us know VALID reasons why you dislike/hate on Miguel or why you are a fan or like him.
          Cause he is the 3rd most popular boxer........plain and simple. When ur good and popular you get nuthuggers and haters. Notice how the top fighters all have tons of haters. Its the world we live in.

Comment

I think that people get annoyed by the Puerto Rican fans and then just diss Cotto to annoy us.

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
              Don't know how people can hate on Miguel. Dude never ducked anybody and is a class act.
              Mayweather and Martinez?

Comment

I think most of his haters are Mexicans, given the big rivalry between Ricans and Mexicans in boxing. And being a Cotto fan, I don't think he gets anymore hate than other boxers. People rip Mayweather and Pac a new butthole compared to the things that are said about Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                  Shot has been THE word for the past 4 years and he keeps winning lol. How sad is that for the haters? Today Cotto is right on the top 3 P4P 1 Pacquiao 2 Marquez 3. Cotto
                  Originally posted by a_fuego View Post
                  I'd say that every boxer that has achieved any fame in this sport has delusional fans. So if we were to follow that same logic, I suppose we can conclude that every pugilist that gets named in this forum should be equally dissed on.

I don't buy that nonsense. Coz Cotto has been called many negative names, most if not all of them do not hold much water. He's been said to have a weak chin. How many times has he had encounters with the canvas? He's said to be slow, He surely isn't the fastest but his timing makes up for the lack of speed. He's said to not be able to fight backwards, he's proved it more than once, Margarito being the most recent. He's said to not have footwork. etc....

Bottom line is, the guy is not second tier, he's got better names on his resume than most top P4P boxers today. What would Floyd, nonito, martinez be? 3rd tier? We can compare records all day long and we'll see then who is delusional. I too am a fan and am not blind. I think it's stupid for him to move up to fight Chavez, he's too small and the size difference will probably be to much. I do think that he has as good a chance as anyone to take on Floyd, more so 3-4 years ago. The whole pacquiao argument, can be seen several ways. I won't put up excuses for Cotto, he got spanked by Manny. I do think that a rematch will not look or seem the same, even if it's in a losing effort.
                  Blah blah blah. He's second tier.

First tier; pacman, mayweather, ward, Marquez, klit brothers, martinez.

Second tier, the rest...

Comment

He wins when everyone said he wouldn't, so he gets hated.

When he fought Judah, I remember people saying that Judah was too fast and too slick...Miguel made him his prison hoe. Hate

When he fought Mosley, people said that Mosley was too strong, too experienced, too fast...Miguel beat him in an exciting fight and it ended up being just about the end of Shane's prime. Hate

When he fought Gomez, people actually thought Gomez would win...Miguel legally raped him. Hate

When he fought Clottey, he edged out a win via the 1st Rd KD. People also said that Clottey was too slick, to quick with his hands and Miguel was washed up. Hate

When he fought Yuri, EVERYONE was picking Miguel to lose. Pundits, 'fans'. Miguel was supposed to be more washed up than before, too slow, too small for Jr MW and the Rabbi was going to box circles around him. Miguel crushed the hopes of everyone, including Arum. Hate

When he rematched Margarito, the boxing world was buzzing that Miguel was going to take a knee again, even faster than before, that Margarito was always going to be his daddy, that Margarito would walk him down and pummel him. Cotto beats him down in a 9-0 boxing clinic. More hate

When he was supposed to fight Mayweather, Mayweather said that he wouldn't let boxing retire him, that Cotto lived to far, too green, wanted to fight at 140 when it was meaningless. While Mayweather was being a twitter warrior and screaming on UStream, Cotto was fighting the fights that Mayweather hadn't and is coming back to fight again and may avoid Cotto again when its still a good fight and available, it means more hate.

In the end, Cotto was supposed to be washed up for the past 4 years and he keeps winning. Its driving people mad

Comment

Originally posted by Junior M Weight View Post
                      Blah blah blah. He's second tier.

First tier; pacman, mayweather, ward, Marquez, klit brothers, martinez.

Second tier, the rest...
                      Maybe now, but in his prime he was definitely first tier.

Comment

Working...
                      X