No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Pacquiao: 50-50 Split is The Breaking Point

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    It means that edgarg is a F'ing idiot, that's what that means.
    THE idiot, if there was an idiot battle he should definitely get the larger share. Im sure he could ramble on and on with some ******ed **** about how much his manny doll would get for being his trainer, promoter, and life partner etc too, and why the percentage is justified... All while trying to convince people he is more than just a suckered, blind, biased, ignorant fanboy who is so far completely incapable of considering facts.

Not working ed... I give alts more credit than you.

Comment

• Why would Floyd email espn and tell them that he rejected a 50/50 when he knows how badly espn loves to project him as a ducker? He makes a private call to Manny and the only people he informs about it is espn through an email? Sounds like bullshet hollywood drama. I wont be surprised if the contracts are already signed for them to fight.

Comment

• Floyd and Arum are being total pricks over this. It has been obvious from the get go that this fight wouldnt happen unless it was 50/50.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
          How do you know how small it is?

Let's look at Pac-Cotto for instance. The fight generated around $70 million in revenue. It generated a live gate of almost $9 million. That's 79 big ones..

Pacquiao, according to Arum, earned around $22 million while Cotto earled 12. That's 34 million, leaving 45 left.....

From that $45 million you have to pay:

Venue
          Levy the promotion of the fight
          Taxes
          HBO (will get a big cut of the PPV - obviously as they're televising the event, thus have to their own staff which I imagine is considerable for such big PPV shows)
          All undercard fighters

The way I see it, when you pay the aforementioned bills, it doesn't leave a whole lot. You seem to think Arum simply pockets that $45 million and gives Pac $22 million but it's simply not the case.
          My understanding, from reputable sources, is that the PPV and cable companies get 50% off the PPV money, and the main event fighters by contractual agreement get a major
          percentage of the 50% balance of the PPV money, up to as much as 80% in some cases. So, although the fighters have their own expenses, like their corners and training ex's, they get the lion's share of the total intake.

I could be wrong, but I have been checking and this is what I've found.

Comment

• Floyd and arum should play for the la dodgers

in other words "I'D LIKE TO DODGE THIS FIGHT" - FLOYD and ARUM

Comment

• **** them both!

Comment

• Funny, Pac said, after his JMM fight, that he didn't deserve a 50/50 split against Floyd. He said that he would do the fight at a 60/40 split. Mayweather jumped all over it, and now they wan't to bring up a 50/50 split out of nowhere, knowing that it was not going to fly. I'll admit, it was a smart move though, Bob knows Floyd well.
                Last edited by Hamaru; 01-21-2012, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• I know it will come out with another excuse let them do winner takes all it will be a good one.

Comment

• these 2 dudes rock Gucci, ride private jets and drive Ferraris and Bentleys....I can't find it in me to debate if one man is worth more than the other...I'm not interested in their earnings...never was and never will.....no fighter has me on their payroll so their purse don't concern me....as for the so called "deal breaker"....it was not the cake split...it was so many DIFFERENT things coming from Arum's side.....now all of a sudden that **** is forgotten?!?...smh....get a grip my dudes!!

Comment

• Facts still remain. All opinions and NO FIGHT

Comment

Working...
                      X