Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Must Be Because All The Best Prospects Are in the NFL and NBA!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After reading the last couple pages, I'm siding with D4thin on this. He does bring up really good points.

Comment

• Top boxer's in America usually come from the lower classes. A lot of them have moved up that position and a lot more wealthy.

Regan's America punished a lot of people from these classes, making them and their parents work 12 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        How is that nationalistic?
        It's nationalistic because you're trying to boost your own national pride by attempting to put down Americans.
        Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 01-27-2012, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deal With It- View Post
          QUICK.

Name a country that currently has more p4p ranked fighters & divisional lineal champs than the U.S.

Do you know what decline means?

Comment

Top boxer's in America usually come from the lower classes. A lot of them have moved up that position and a lot more wealthy.

Regan's America punished a lot of people from these classes, making them and their parents work 12 days.
            Stow the Communist BS please.

Comment

Which great Ameican heavyweight could have made a good Basketball player or NFL player but some of you seem to think it could go the other way.

Skills in sports are rarely transferable, and even rarer in skilled sports.
              Vince Lombardi stated he would have loved to have tried Ali out at tight end. End thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                It's nationalistic because you're trying to boost your own nation pride by attempting to put down Americans.
                Britain is the 2nd fattest country in the world and have you seen John McDermott or Tyson Fury.

There have been many great American boxers at heavyweight, but America does not have a divine right to be No.1.

There is a similar story in the UK with football, some people think we have a divine right to win the world cup, but other countries are just better at this time.

Deal with it.

It is competitive world and it is getting more competitive.

Comment

There is also a decline in American boxing across all the weights.

What is that down to? The rise of horse racing in America.

Check out how America did in the last Olympics, that why they had to get Freddie onboard.

that's really not the case. the best fighters still come here to fight. they might not all be born here, but that's not a phenomenon unique to boxing. this is a nation of immigrants. nobody was really born here if you go back far enough, myself included. we came over on ships. my parents came off of a boat.
                  unless you have native american lineage, you arent really an "american"

we're mostly mutts
                  there's nothing wrong with that

the best boxers generally live, train, and fight (often defending their titles,) here

i love the european and british title scene
                  i think that some of the best and most consistent fights happen for those belts and during the establishment of the contendership there

but you and i know full well that those men are competing to fight their way OUT of europe, and onto the world level
                  and outside of a few divsions (HW and cruiserweight,) the world class boxing matches are for the most part fought here in american cities.

boxing isnt as popular here as it was 20 years ago

and obviously it's much less popular as it was 50 years ago

as for olympic boxing, i think for men of certain sizes (usually big ones,) do better with the european style
                  it's a good style to win a points based fight in a tournament setting. lots of those guys are longer tenured amateurs as well (fighting as adults in the amateurs,)

that and you guys got some damn good boxers, man
                  i'm not saying you dont

i'm starting to get it now
                  these threads allow you guys to vent
                  Last edited by New England; 01-27-2012, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• I have nothing against America, but I hate people just searching for unfounded excuses.

As boxing grows expect world champions being spread out across more countries.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      that's really not the case. the best fighters still come here to fight. they might not all be born here, but that's not a phenomenon unique to boxing. this is a nation of immigrants. nobody was really born here if you go back far enough, myself included. we came over on ships. my parents came off of a boat.
                      unless you have native american lineage, you arent really an "american"

we're mostly mutts
                      there's nothing wrong with that

the best boxers generally live, train, and fight (often defending their titles,) here

i love the european and british title scene
                      i think that some of the best and most consistent fights happen for those belts and during the establishment of the contendership there

but you and i know full well that those men are competing to fight their way OUT of europe, and onto the world level
                      and outside of a few divsions (HW and cruiserweight,) the world class boxing matches are for the most part fought here in american cities.

boxing isnt as popular here as it was 20 years ago

and obviously it's much less popular as it was 50 years ago

as for olympic boxing, i think for men of certain sizes (usually big ones,) do better with the european style
                      it's a good style to win a points based fight in a tournament setting. lots of those guys are longer tenured amateurs as well (fighting as adults in the amateurs,)

that and you guys got some damn good boxers, man
                      i'm not saying you dont

i'm starting to get it now
                      these threads allow you guys to vent

That could be another reason, many fighters from across the world go to train in America, the world has become a smaller place, and fighters from the world over are not sheltered in their own countries anymore, making them use to many styles and improving their overall standard.

The middleweight division is the best division to judge, because most the men in the world would be that weight if they were fighting.

And as you can see you can get champions and the top contenders can be from anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X