Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum: "We're talking with the builders tomorrow [Wednesday.]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he obviously understands that large scale construction is one of the most competitive industries on the planet

contractors will be knocking his door down looking for a huge job // payday like that

he should have started this bidding process weeks ago if he was actually serious about it

with the option to cut into a gigantic budget (they are looking to "make" and extra 30 million i believe) you could easily find a way to get a stadium built three weeks sooner

construct some of it simultaneously off site and assemble it on site after you bring the pieces together

cmon!
    i'm not a damn engineer and i can think of a few ways to streamline the process

they do not want the fight
    they dont want it!

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
      There is no gaurantee that if the fight doesn't get done now it would be available later. It is still going to be a very profitable stadium or no stadium.

If Arum was true to his word the idea would had been floating from before and it would had been in progress already.

Simply you cannot believe anything Arum says, he is an historic proven liar
      Anyone can see that it's starting to look that way....the insults are really starting to fly and the bad blood is building. It will only get harder to make the fight after this.

Can't blame Arum for not getting this started sooner. To get this started sooner you need a commitment from the other side. And it's not his fault that one day Floyd was going to prison and the next day he wasn't. That was kind of a last minute thing....actually it was literally a last minute thing. So late in the day on January 6th is when the fight became a possibility...it's only the 18th and their squabbling on other **** plus the stadium thing.

The stadium thing, while a great idea, just puts too much of a wrench in to the negotations and it's just not worth it. Get the fight done.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
        Anyone can see that it's starting to look that way....the insults are really starting to fly and the bad blood is building. It will only get harder to make the fight after this.

Can't blame Arum for not getting this started sooner. To get this started sooner you need a commitment from the other side. And it's not his fault that one day Floyd was going to prison and the next day he wasn't. That was kind of a last minute thing....actually it was literally a last minute thing. So late in the day on January 6th is when the fight became a possibility...it's only the 18th and their squabbling on other **** plus the stadium thing.

The stadium thing, while a great idea, just puts too much of a wrench in to the negotations and it's just not worth it. Get the fight done.
        Of course we can blame him. When Floyd tried to make the fight prior to the Marquez fight he flat out turned it down. Then tried to steal the date a month later.

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
          There is literally no need to budge on the date. None.
          He can't if he wanted to. His whole argument to get sentence postponed was that boxing dates are hard to come by and hard to change.

team pac, knew since the beginning of Nov that Floyd had May 5th and wanted pacman. Step up and fight!

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Of course we can blame him. When Floyd tried to make the fight prior to the Marquez fight he flat out turned it down. Then tried to steal the date a month later.
            I aint arguing that Arum is dodging the fight. That was in response to people saying he should have gotten the stadium started earlier...that's impossible, it's been a feasible fight for like 2 weeks and you need a commitment from the other side to start that.

I'm in no way defending Arum I'm just trying to bring people back down to earth with some logic. It has once again become a pride thing and in this scenario, Arum needs to swallow his pride and just get it done, end of story.

Comment

I aint arguing that Arum is dodging the fight. That was in response to people saying he should have gotten the stadium started earlier...that's impossible, it's been a feasible fight for like 2 weeks and you need a commitment from the other side to start that.

I'm in no way defending Arum I'm just trying to bring people back down to earth with some logic. It has once again become a pride thing and in this scenario, Arum needs to swallow his pride and just get it done, end of story.
              The stadium is just BS IMO. He has no intention of building anything. If he was, he'd have contacted the "builders" months ago when he was first broached about the fight. Yeah, he could have definitely done it earlier.

Comment

lol thanks for the feedback guys, glad you liked it.

Comment

they certainly would have been asked to give estimates on their prices and the amount of time it would take before the fighters established that they were fighting

this stadium (if it will do what arum says it does) will have a huge impact on the contract they sign and the garantees they get
                  you cant do any negotiating without at least the estimates.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    The stadium is just BS IMO. He has no intention of building anything. If he was, he'd have contacted the "builders" months ago when he was first broached about the fight. Yeah, he could have definitely done it earlier.
                    Nah man, he definitely could not have. How are you going to be investing a large sum of money into constructing a temporary stadium when:

1. The opponent is under legal troubles...was sentenced to prison than got it delayed the day he was to report to jail.

2. The two sides never agreed in any way shape or form to stage the fight there.

In order to get the process started you need all of that hashed out first. You don't go start building something like that under the hope that you can come to an agreement to stage the fight there later.

Either way, my point is just give up on the stadium, it's a great idea but it's not necessary. Making the fight is what's necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
                      lol thanks for the feedback guys, glad you liked it.

you did a good job

i'm sure you'll get a sea of green if you were to make that your signature

Comment

Working...
                      X