Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
    Learn what the word 'average' means

You can't wait 3 weeks?

I know quite well what it means. When you took Micro-excusonomics 101 you certainly havent missed a lesson, but maybe you should have showed up to microeconomics.

By assuming they can generate another 40 million, you are assuming that seats that are far out of the range of the first 16000, they can sell those seats on average for 1200+ per seat. So to average it out, you would say that some of the seats outside of the 16k perimeter would sell for 4k? Then the nosebleeds would sell for 500-800 or whatever number to average 1200+ per seat?

It makes no sense no matter how you try to spin it. It isn't that I can't wait that long, it's the simple fact that it is a blatant excuse.

And IMO an outdoor stadium COULD very well be constructed by May 5 if it started right away. Nothing about it makes any sense, which is why I am not even entertaining the idea that this could be a legitimate reason from Fraudiao's camp, because it simply does not make sense to the extent that it MUST be an excuse.

He doesn't want the fight. Not May 5th, not end of May, and not in June. He just doesn't want it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatHaitiankid View Post
      new tweet @FloydMayweather

First They say I'm Ducking the Fight. But now it seems like I'm begging for the fight.. What is going on?

Run Manny Run!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Simple math says a lot more.

Oscar-Floyd did $19 mil at the gate at the MGM. That's 16K seats. Which equals about $1,200 per seat average. The stadium would have ridiculously high floor seats, and more of them, even if the higher seats were cheaper (which they most likely won't be). So if the average stays the same, the gate would more than double the all time number at $48 million (subtract the estimated $7 mil it would cost to construct it, $41 mil).

This is basic economics.
        You are ****ing dumb. Nobody is going to pay 1200 to sit in the nose bleed section. They already broke this nut ass temp stadium **** down and figured out that it wouldn't make that much money you ****ing idiot. Nobody is going to pay 1200 to barely see the fight from way up there. THAT IS WHY MANNY PACQUIAOS LIVE GATE AT DALLAS STADIUM DIDN'T SURPASS FLOYDS LIVE GATE WITH DLH. THEY SOLD THE NOSE BLEED TICKETS FOR 50-100 BUCKS. DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH

Comment

So let me get this straight... Floyd's sentence was commuted to June 1st because of a 'legal obligation' he had to the MGM against an unnamed opponent. So if he signs legal contracts to fight Manny Pacquiao say on May 26th, the judge will force him to immediately go to jail? I'm 100% convinced if the fight was scheduled for June she would commute the sentence even further. But that's not necessary.

If he presents the terms of a fight that includes the construction of a 40,000 seat arena ($7 million for construction, $40 million+ in gate, and countless revenue from concessions, and other jobs flowing into Vegas/Nevada's economy) to the judge and asks her to keep the already commuted date to June 1st... you really think he would be arrested on the spot or something along those lines?
          The question you should be asking yourself is why did Arum wait until January to bring up this stadium idea? In December, Arum was supposedly talking to investors instead of talking to anyone from Mayweather's camp to negotiate a fight. Now, we are not hearing a word about the investors, but he is talking about the need to build a stadium. If he had investors lined up to finance everything in December, why does he now need to build a stadium -- without investors?

If he wanted to negotiate the fight and build a stadium, he should have began negotiations in November 2011. If he had, the stadium would have been built before May 5. He and Koncz led Pacquaio to believe negotiations were almost complete for a Mayweather fight in December 2011. Now, he doesn't know who to talk to from Mayweather's camp and Mayweather needs a promoter to guarantee his purse. So, who was Arum talking to in December when the negotiations were almost done? Why didn't the topic of Mayweather's guarantee not get discussed or resolved when the negotiations were almost done in December?

In spite of the fact that you and the other *******s try to deny and defend Arum and Pac, you are not that ******. You know the truth, but don't want to admit it. You are like Vic Darchynian. When he was knocked out by Donaire, he claimed afterwards that he wasn't hurt by Donaire's punches. However, he couldn't deny the fact that he was knocked out by one punch!!!

Comment

Serious question, all homerism aside... why can't the date change (if it's late May)?

the judge delayed the jail sentence due to the contract obligation of may 5th to the mgm

what part of that dont you understand you idiot!!!?

Comment

Originally posted by ThatHaitiankid View Post
              new tweet @FloydMayweather

First They say I'm Ducking the Fight. But now it seems like I'm begging for the fight.. What is going on?
              Bob Arum is probably going to have a heart attack lol

Comment

seriously with the stadium excuse. think about this, arum says he would like to construct a stadium, and it cant be done for may 5th rite? so he proposes scheduling the fight for when? november??? theres no way in hell u can construct an outdoor stadium in november. in vegas, by the time the fight is on at nite, the weather would likely be in the low 50s or 40s. it doesnt make sense. its a smokescreen. if u aint gonna be able to build the stadium by may 5th and u aint gonna be able to make it plausible for november, either ur gonna fight this year without a stadium or ur saying there will be no fight this year.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post

I know quite well what it means. When you took Micro-excusonomics 101 you certainly havent missed a lesson, but maybe you should have showed up to microeconomics.

By assuming they can generate another 40 million, you are assuming that seats that are far out of the range of the first 16000, they can sell those seats on average for 1200+ per seat. So to average it out, you would say that some of the seats outside of the 16k perimeter would sell for 4k? Then the nosebleeds would sell for 500-800 or whatever number to average 1200+ per seat?

It makes sense no matter how you try to spin it. It isn't that I can't wait that long, it's the simple fact that it is a blatant excuse.

And IMO an outdoor stadium COULD very well be constructed by May 5 if it started right away. Nothing about it makes any sense, which is why I am not even entertaining the idea that this could be a legitimate reason from Fraudiao's camp, because it simply does not make sense to the extent that it MUST be an excuse.

He doesn't want the fight. Not May 5th, not end of May, and not in June. He just doesn't want it.

bob says they can generate another $40 mil, by having 40K people. It's ridiculous because you can't charge even half of what you can for those extra 25K people than you would for most of the seats in MGM. Then you'd have to take away contruction costs to erect the stadium, which i'm fairly certain would be more than $20m (that is conservative). Then it's pretty easy to figue out Bob is talking out of his ass. It was easy to know he was talking out of his ass before even using some common sense, because it was clear they didn't want this now or before. All you need to know is in my sig.

Comment

ThePrince HAS to be Arum's intern.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
                      the judge delayed the jail sentence due to the contract obligation of may 5th to the mgm

what part of that dont you understand you idiot!!!?
                      Also consider that even if Floyd could change the date which would be a needless waste of time, he would then be going right to jail after a fight where he could potentially be badly injured with no rest......doesn't make sense for him when he already has a a time and a place booked.

Comment

Working...
                      X