No announcement yet.

"I'm ready to fight Pacquiao 5/5/12 Bob Arum know the date can't change"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    i think that pretty much settles every single excuse. what more needs to be said.
    There is still the excuse about the fictional stadium that popped up when Arum ran out of other excuses.

Comment

January 16th was Dr. Martin Luther King Birthday.
      January 17th is Muhammad Ali Birthday and..
      May 5th is Pacquiao ass whooping day

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
        Didn't say anything was wrong with it. But if both sides can squeeze more money out of the public (their ultimate goal), why wouldn't they wait the extra 3 weeks to do it?

Oscar says the stadium idea is a bad one because he never needed a stadium when he fought and his answer to making up the difference in gate money is to hike up prices steeply at the MGM. Don't see how that's a good solution.

Why is GBP so stuck on May 5th?
        Simply charge more at the gate and higher prices for snacks etc....
        There is no temporary stadium it does not exist. When they asked Bob who is the contractor for the stadium he fumbled a few times and just called a random name: Brown. THERE IS NO TEMPORARY STADIUM GET THAT OUT OF YOUR HEAD. Supporting Pacquiao is one thing but believing anything Bob Arum has to say at this point is foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by jcpryor View Post
          Lol man this is good. I can't wait to hear what Arum has to say about this.
          all i can say i've never seen floyd so openly calling pac out like this .... pac has nowhere to hide anymore lol.

Comment

Originally posted by immortal tech View Post
            this...

if the cut is OK and no more temporary stadium whats the delay for?
            I don't know why Arum & Co. keep talking about a temporary stadium ... Its all BS!!!! -- put the fight in every movie theater in the country to make up the difference.

Comment

Didn't say anything was wrong with it. But if both sides can squeeze more money out of the public (their ultimate goal), why wouldn't they wait the extra 3 weeks to do it?

Oscar says the stadium idea is a bad one because he never needed a stadium when he fought and his answer to making up the difference in gate money is to hike up prices steeply at the MGM. Don't see how that's a good solution.

Arum is saying that he is open to fight at the MGM. But, in late May...So I ask what is wrong with May 5?

And, how much much more can he really make fighting at a stadium?

Comment

You are such a dumbass. Just don't even bother posting anymore. I can't wait for this fight to happen so you and your circle jerk ******* friends just go away and stop posting on boxing sites.

Comment

Originally posted by eddoes View Post
                  Because as people keep stating the obvious over and over. His jail sentence was delayed because he has a legal obligation. If he wants to fight on another day he will have to go before the court again and plead with the judge. Bob Arum being a former lawyer knows this and is just using different dates to prevent the fight from happening. Also most likely if he goes before the judge to plead another date theres a possibility of pissing off the judge. Its also time consuming and unecessary when he already has the stadium booked as opposed to Arum that is just calling random dates with no definate stadium or specific date.
                  So let me get this straight... Floyd's sentence was commuted to June 1st because of a 'legal obligation' he had to the MGM against an unnamed opponent. So if he signs legal contracts to fight Manny Pacquiao say on May 26th, the judge will force him to immediately go to jail? I'm 100% convinced if the fight was scheduled for June she would commute the sentence even further. But that's not necessary.

If he presents the terms of a fight that includes the construction of a 40,000 seat arena ($7 million for construction, $40 million+ in gate, and countless revenue from concessions, and other jobs flowing into Vegas/Nevada's economy) to the judge and asks her to keep the already commuted date to June 1st... you really think he would be arrested on the spot or something along those lines?

Comment

There you have it, Floyd wants to fight Manny May 5th so what is the problem.....plenty of time here in mid January to promote and plenty of time for a training camp.

Comment

LOL at guys still clinging with dear life to a late May date. Arum shouldn't have given you guys ANY ideas. You guys don't have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of.

Comment

Working...
                      X