"I'm ready to fight Pacquiao 5/5/12 Bob Arum know the date can't change"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Furn View Post
    Of course the date can change.

If Flotd gets injured and can't fight may 5 does he go to jail?
    Probably one of the dumbest things I've read. Welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
      Stopped arguing? When the hell did you start? I've never seen you here before this thread.

If Manny was 'obliged' to the MGM 2 weeks before a Floyd-Someone else fight and claimed he made those arrangements with Floyd in mind, without ever consulting Floyd about it... well, I'd be asking the same questions I am about Floyd. I saw Floyd's play from a mile away, immediately, dude is probably a terrible poker player. I said from the jump, you can ask guys like Imdazed and others, that Floyd did this with the intention of fighting a GBP Mexican. I was called all sorts of ugly, hurtful names '*******', etc

But then what happened? Stories started pouring out that Guerrero and Canelo were the finalists to win the Floyd sweepstakes. Nothing's changed. Floyd tweeting for attention=announcement for the Canelo fight is coming soon. I'll try to look surprised when it happens.

Fascinating stuff here, really
      What is fascinating is how you try to pass yourself off as a fan of boxing by putting a picture in your sig of greats of the past. Why not just be honest and put a picture of Manny Pacquiao in a superman speedo below that idiotic picture of his ugly face on a disney character claiming him to be the PPV king? I think Daffy Duck would be a more suitable character to put his face on.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
        What is fascinating is how you try to pass yourself off as a fan of boxing by putting a picture in your sig of greats of the past. Why not just be honest and put a picture of Manny Pacquiao in a superman speedo below that idiotic picture of his ugly face on a disney character claiming him to be the PPV king? I think Daffy Duck would be a more suitable character to put his face on.
        Hmmmm, interesting idea. Hey, when Floyd-Canelo is announced in the next few days, remember where you heard it first

Comment

• I think Mayweather is going to have to call Manny Pac directly in the Philippines because his (slave) master daddy Arum don't want none of the TRUE pound for pound king.

Comment

• i think bob Arum ran out of limitless tablets a new batch on the way at the end of may

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
              No, just a guy trying to figure out why it's impossible to move a date 3 weeks for $40+ million extra in the bag. The sentence was already commuted to June 1st, so there's no conflict. The judge isn't going to say no to a Pacquiao fight when she just commuted the sentence for TBA.

I've been of the opinion since Floyd announced he booked the MGM for Cinco De Mayo 2 weeks before Pac-JMM 3 that he did so with the plan of fighting a Mexican from GBP's stable, this is well documented. All this tweeting just backs up the idea he's using Manny's name to pump up interest for the date he picked randomly without consulting or negotiating with the guy he supposedly reserved it for (see Mayweather-Ortiz 'And yes Manny pacquiao, you're next... I never said that').

Just trying to get some more opinions as to why May 5th is this holy, immovable and why a later date (only 3 weeks) could be MUTUALLY agreed upon and more $ can come of it. June 1st is the jail date, May 19th or 26th in no way affects that.

So... ideas?
              I would guess that Mayweather and his team know that Arum is simply blowing smoke up the collective a$$es of the media and the Pac worshippers. Arum has had no contact with Mayweather's camp about negotiating a fight, but tells the media that he needs to build a 40,000 seat stadium to stage the fight. Then he says this 40,000 seat stadium can generate an additional $40 million in revenue. The 17,000-seat MGM Grand would generate $20 million. However, with 23,000 additional seats, Arum can generate $40 million more. Pac sold 55,000 seats in Dallas stadium for the Clottey fight and could only generate $5.5 million in ticket sales. But a 40,000 seat stadium can generate $60 million? The only people who believe this nonsense are Manny Pacquaio and his dimwitted followers.

Comment

• @danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
                Bob, if you need @GoldenBoyBoxing's phone number give me a call & I'll hook you up. I know you have mine. And let's go Giants!! #BobCallGBP

Comment

• lol Oscar is going hard at Arum

Comment

• I think the fight has to happen now. It would be absolutely humiliating for Pac to avoid the fight.

Boxing fans know that moving the fight to later May would be a big inconvenience to Mayweather, while having the fight on May 5th is no inconvenience to Pacquiao whatsoever. The stadium excuse has crumbled as a result of Bob's own words. There is nothing preventing this fight other than one man's will.

Comment

• Damn even oscar's wife is going on Bob LMAO

Comment

Working...
                      X