Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should hatton be penalized for all his holding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should hatton be penalized for all his holding?

if u notice in ricky hatton fights...he clutches then throws a body shot...then clutches again then throws a body shot...i think he should be penalized for that. who agrees

Not me. Are you just basing that on the Tszyu fight?

Comment

To be fair, I did think Hatton had an occasional tendency (Zoo was by far his dirtiest fight, though Zoo was by far his dirtiest opponent) to bend the rules a little. There was a time when he fought one guy and he did the old "hold and hit". But I'm talking getting tied up with the man in one instance in a 36 minute fight... you know, a marginal flagrance of the rules. He's certainly not Bernard Hopkins.

I used to hate Hatton actually... he's a sub-ginger and his style isn't my cup of tea. (Cos we all drink tea in England, right? )

You know what got me onto Hatton? Two things.

1. All the slagging he gets on here, esp. due to his nationality. I love an underdog, and hearing him slagged as a "Brit" is bound to get my back up eventually.

2. The fact that with the Zoo fight - no matter how dirty - this little Chucky Doll finally proved that he IS for real. Now sit down, Kostya.

Comment

Originally posted by dino
        if u notice in ricky hatton fights...he clutches then throws a body shot...then clutches again then throws a body shot...i think he should be penalized for that. who agrees
        It's a boxing tactic... There's nothing illegal in it... He's not constantly holding, it's done in brief burst to stop the other fighter getting there shots off.

It's not something you can penalize a fighter for... If you're gonna penalize fighters for that then you might aswell start penalizing fighters for using the jab too much.

Ricky doesn't do it that much anyway... He just adopted this tactic to take away Tszyu's advantage (POWER righthand).

Fighters could stop Hatton doing this if they take the time to learn how.

Comment

whinge whine ***** ***** *****.

now i remember why i cant be arsed with this place anymore.

too many idtios basing thier posts on **** all and they dont know what they are on about.

this aimed at the thread starter by the way.

Comment

I'm starting to like Hatton a lot more. In the Tszyu fight there was a lot of dirty tactics used but that came from both sides but in the end they both respected each other and all is well that ends well.

And to the original question, NO, I don't think he should be penalized. He fights pretty fair for the most but he's the type of fighter who needs and wants to impose his will on opponents so there will probably always be some rough stuff as long as it is in moderation, then it's fine.

Comment

Dino....

Watch the clips in JUYJUY's thread and tell me that all Hatton does is HOLD, HOLD, HOLD... There's a lot of people on this forum that have only seen one Hatton fight (The Tszyu fight) and they are basing their entire opinion of Hatton on that one fight.

Comment

I dont think he holds too much, not from what I've seen. He SHOULD be penalized if he uses his hands to manually spin someone around, and roundhouse them in the back of the head(<---hatton fans, dont jump on me, we've went through this already, I'm just saying....).

Comment

Originally posted by GodzHand
                  I dont think he holds too much, not from what I've seen. He SHOULD be penalized if he uses his hands to manually spin someone around, and roundhouse them in the back of the head(<---hatton fans, dont jump on me, we've went through this already, I'm just saying....).
                  I agree with that. That should have been a warning (because I've never seen him do that **** before, and I think it was half unintentional, half nerves taking over on the big night, believe it or not).

And he should have had an instant point deduction for the intentional low blow (even if it was as a response to Zoo's continual goolie shots).

Comment

i saw the clips and ive seen a few of his fights...everytime somebody starts throwing punches at him..he clinches then starts throwing body shots..he should be penalized for it

Comment

Working...
                    X