No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthew Macklin – Taking The Long Road to The Garden

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Matthew Macklin – Taking The Long Road to The Garden

By Thomas Gerbasi - The alarms went off immediately, but there would be no inquest requiring Matthew Macklin to prove his Irish heritage. At first, you would expect that any professional fighter whose parents hailed from the Emerald Isle would have competed at least once on St. Patrick’s Day, but that isn’t the case with the British-born Macklin. Thankfully though, he redeemed himself with a little tidbit of information from the days before his pro debut in 2001.

“I had my first ever amateur fight when I was 11 years old on St. Patrick’s Day back in 1994,” revealed Macklin, who will enter the ring on March 17th for the second time in a little over two months when he takes on the accepted (yet beltless) middleweight champion Sergio Martinez at The Theater at Madison Square Garden. Needless to say, this one’s a little extra special.

“I think that whole weekend, everyone’s celebrating being Irish or having Irish roots, so it is a special time for the Irish,” he said. “In New York they celebrate it big with a huge parade, and to fight on it (St. Patrick’s Day), especially with a fight of this magnitude against Sergio Martinez, and Andy Lee being on the undercard with the anticipation of me and Andy fighting each other so long as I win and so long as he wins, I think it’s all gonna add to the occasion and I’m expecting a pretty special atmosphere.” [Click Here To Read More]

Well I hope you rubbed a shamrock and kissed the Blarney stone Macklin because you are probably getting knocked out lol. I am not big fan of Martinez and I don't think he is as special as the rest of the world thinks he is, but most likely this Irish bum is stopped by 8 or brutalized over 12.

Comment

ur talkin s**t. Macklin is gonna knock martinez out in 9 rounds. Martinez is on the way out. he wont last the pace of macklin. macklin will be spurred on by the robbery he endured in germany

Comment

Working...
      X