Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kevin Mitchell Targets Ricky Burns, Ormond Has Withdrawn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitchell is a pretty good boxer and I'd back him against most (not all) lightweights out there.

But like everyone says; it depends which KM turns up. When he's on song he can give people problems.

Comment

Originally posted by voneric View Post
      Another Unknown UK Hypejob running his mouth. Starting to become a trend. And if Mitchell were to last the 12 rounds, he will claim he was Robbed or Jobbed or whatever those pansies say over there. Rios, hurry up and dismiss this Pendejo already, those UK fighters are starting to become annoying
      uk hype job? what do you mean?
      i can see youre a texan, hmmmmm...."man gotta chew whata man gotta chew"
      chew me.
      listen mate, the last twenty years of boxing has shown me that the only people who are hyped are clearly american.
      james toney chickened out against nigel benn/chris eubank and michael watson.
      benn went over there and battered youre best.
      naseem hamed battered ALL americans over here and there.
      joe calzaghe beat youre "hyped up" jeff lacy.
      lennox lewis etc....
      the only fighters born in the u.s that have faced any of our fighters has been when they are on the end of their careers and these fighters of youres are/were supposed to be the best there are! roy jones junior(as great as he was) also avoided benn/eubank and calzaghe.
      however, more recently andre ward gave a masterful performance over carl froch which was deserved but, carl was never "hyped" as you say and certainly avoided nobody.
      he beat jean pascal and kod jermain taylor.
      what else have you got thats any good?
      heavy weights......? no.
      cruiser? no.
      l/heavy?....no.
      s/middle...andre ward.
      middle....?...........?
      l/middle......?
      welter.....the great floyd mayweather but, he goes away tommorow.
      andre berto.
      l/welter???? there are names but, not in the frame yet.
      lamont who? devon who? timmy who?
      etc etc etc..............
      you got nothing to say.

Comment

They all say that till Rios's head and body shots start landing with alarming frequency and power and start caving them in. Everyone has a plan till they are hit.

Comment

Sorry Kevin, but Rios will ice you, 100%. You're a good fighter but, once my man, wildman Bam Bam, gets digging into your head and gut, you will change your tune. Bam Bam is one vicious, crazy/mental son of a ***** lol. Rios stop Kevin in late rounds.

Comment

Kevin Mitchell is one of those guys that really annoys me. He represents a horrible and frustratingly disappointing mixture of pure talent and potential with self destructiveness, hedonism and lack of discipline. They don't mix. It's sad and all too common to see wasted talent.
            When he is on his game he is frighteningly good and look, just compare his win over Murray to Rio's win over Murray before you start with any detraction. Against Katsidis he epitomized the above, he showed he could easily handle him and even embarrass him until bang he gets caught with a stupid shot and we see the reality of what not being well prepared mentally and physically in a boxing ring can do for you.
            If he does do well in 2012 I only fear he will see it as an excuse to go on a bender (get **** faced to you Americans) in celebration and waste his success in a drink fueled mess. Then he will lose again and its back to square one.
            SRL and Ricky Hatton had this personality problem between fights to but they had huge public support and goodwill, Mitchell wont get any more opportunities if he f'CKS up again.

Comment

Working...
            X