Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto going SOLO, bye bye Arum/Top Rank (according to PR newspaper)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
    He's not boXing's 3rd biggest draw. His market is mostly NY/PR.

He can't even sell out Vegas on his own. His nuthuggers make Cotto be a DLH type.
    His nuthuggers are unbelievable. What was Cottos PPV against Mayorga?

Mayweather, Pacquiao, DLH would sell out places everywhere. Cotto can't sell out outside of NY.

As for Cotto leaving.... he's ducking JR! Plain and simple.

I remember reading post about how Cotto would toy Jr and people wanted to see that. Now that JR is ready.... they're making excuses about how Cotto doesn't need JR? WTF???? So what is it? Typical coward move by Quitto. He knows his ass wont be saved in Vegas or Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Of course, how does he not? Pac and Margarito were too much of a beatdown for me to give Cotto credit for those losses. I respect him taking those fights but he doesn't get credit for getting beat down in losses.

Cotto might have the better single win, maybe with Mosley, maybe. But, Floyd has the overall better depth in quality wins than what Cotto has at WW.
      No he doesn't. Get outta here Jro. And you're acting like the first Marg fight was a one sided beatdown. He got stopped in the 11th of a more or less even fight.

Undefeated Quintana, Judah, Mosley, and Clottey.........who has Floyd beaten at Welterweight that's better than any of them individually? Ortiz? Meh. Hatton ABSOLUTELY not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
        Yea but put Marquez in Mexico and see what he does. Look at the Diaz fight and others. If you count PPV in total, Marquez dominates Cotto. That is with the 100% possibility that you can watch any Mexican fight on Mexican Television and here(if you have spanish channels) for free. Another one that does good on this soil is Amir Khan who is British(not counting PPV).
        As for people talking about Floyd vs Cotto, I think the fight may be years too late but Cotto in my opinion has the style to give Floyd the best fight possible. Now if Floyd is the one pressing the action, Cotto will get murked.
        We're talking about in America though. That's like saying put Cotto in Puerto Rico....

I already brought up the numbers for Marquez-Diaz 2 with links.

Marquez-Diaz 2 in Vegas did 150-200k buys and had 8,383 people in attendence.

Cotto-Mayorga, a much less legitamite fight, did over 200k buys and had 7,272 people in attendence. This was also in Vegas where Cotto was far from where most of his fans are in America.

This is plainly indicative of the difference in their drawing power.

Comment

FMJr. will be the favorite by a large margin...may be a huge margin but just dont be surprised if Miguel pulls an upset.

Comment

Good Job Cotto! I think he could sell out the MSG every time he fights there regardless of who might be his promoter will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Bow Down View Post
              His nuthuggers are unbelievable. What was Cottos PPV against Mayorga?

Mayweather, Pacquiao, DLH would sell out places everywhere. Cotto can't sell out outside of NY.

As for Cotto leaving.... he's ducking JR! Plain and simple.

I remember reading post about how Cotto would toy Jr and people wanted to see that. Now that JR is ready.... they're making excuses about how Cotto doesn't need JR? WTF???? So what is it? Typical coward move by Quitto. He knows his ass wont be saved in Vegas or Texas.
              Cotto ducking Jr, please give me a break. Nobody is ducking Jr., if anything the best at the 160 division is Martinez who nobody wants to fight

Comment

great move

manny need to follow and left evil arum

Comment

Good move by Cotto, he's big enough to promote himself. I think we're gonna see Cotto vs Canelo next.

Comment

sO MUCH FOR HIM SAYING AFTER THE maRG FIGHT THAT aRUM WILL ALWAYS BE HIS PROMOTER.

Comment

• Yahoooooooo.

I vastly started to lose interst on the Chavez fight because of his ***** ass.Win or Lose against Floyd its always been a dream fight of mine as a fan.Yes its past due,yea theyre/he isn't the same fighters as 4 years ago but its better now then never.But at this point Cotto's without a doubt the 3rd largest ppv generator and its good to see him jump on a different promotinal company for a change.

Comment

Working...
                      X