No announcement yet.

Hatton Ready To Spring Trap On Maussa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatton Ready To Spring Trap On Maussa

IBF Light Welter Champion Ricky Hatton is counting down the hours until he meets WBA Champion Carlos Maussa in the ring and "The Hitman" won't have to wait long wait for the chance to add the Colombian's title to his trophy cabinet. The two square off next Saturday on a Fight Academy promotion from the Hallam FM Arena in Sheffield, England and when the smoke clears, half of the division's major title belts will be unified. Will it be Hatton, conqueror of the greatly feared and respected Kostya Tszyu, who prevails? Or will Maussa, the resilient underdog who flattened Vivian Harris this past June, pull off another major upset? [details]

Hatton should use him for a punching bag but it is boxing and anything can happen.....

Comment

Man this fight could get ugly for Maussa, but i hope he KO's Hatton with a devastating punch to the pelvis.

Comment

I would laugh myself silly if Maussa scored a shock KO, then avenged himself on Cotto and went on to unify. I love the guy, and it's not impossible, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Anorak
          I would laugh myself silly if Maussa scored a shock KO, then avenged himself on Cotto and went on to unify. I love the guy, and it's not impossible, is it?
          I don't know. Or maybe i do know but dont want to admit it

Comment

It is not impossible but very unlikely and I would laugh myself silly too......

Comment

Ditto. I am rooting for Maussa to unify if for no othr reason than his non-ability. Go Maussa!

Comment

Originally posted by drez24
                Ditto. I am rooting for Maussa to unify if for no othr reason than his non-ability. Go Maussa!
                I reckon the guy's so technically unsound he could bamboozle any boxer (though I've only seen the Harris fight so I'm not a qualified judge).

The main thing is, he's got a cracking chin and he can hit, too. Does he even need skill if his loopy **** can work eventually?

Comment

I reckon the guy's so technically unsound he could bamboozle any boxer (though I've only seen the Harris fight so I'm not a qualified judge).

The main thing is, he's got a cracking chin and he can hit, too. Does he even need skill if his loopy **** can work eventually?
                  Go back and watch round 1 of the Harris fight. It is embarrasing that a single punch landed on Harris that night. I've never seen a fighter throw a wider, wilder punch than Maussa, with the exception of maybe Mayorga, but hey, at least Mayo is quick about it.

Comment

Originally posted by drez24
                    Go back and watch round 1 of the Harris fight. It is embarrasing that a single punch landed on Harris that night. I've never seen a fighter throw a wider, wilder punch than Maussa, with the exception of maybe Mayorga, but hey, at least Mayo is quick about it.
                    What I have to give Maussa credit for is the fact that he's so confident in his chin he was offering it to Harris all night on a plate.

All this said, what good will his wide shots do him when Ricky's on his chest all night?

Comment

Working...
                    X