No announcement yet.

Grade Oscar De La Hoya's resume

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    If it was so simple how come no one sees it that way? It's not his best win because Pea was such in title only. Are we boxing fans or not? Pea was coming off a dreadful performance against Diobylis Hurtado where he was dropped twice. Prior to that he looked subpar in two fights against Wilfredo Rivera. While he was still ranked high (because he hadn't lost), he was a HUGE underdog against Oscar. And pulled it off anyway, in the eyes of many.
    THIS THIS THIS. THIS 100x. saved me the trouble of having to respond. i didnt believe there would ppl on this board who would argue the whitaker fight in favor of oscar in any way. it was a cherrypick just as much as his jcc fight was. he took these fights at a time where he thougt he had the highest chance of winning and he still lost to pea imo. if u have ever seen the hurtato and rivera fights u would kno how obvious it was that pea was declining. u think oscar didnt notice that?

Comment

I dont see any argumnt for oscar being atg. Unless there's a discrepency over the def of atg.

Unless we're talking about atg money makers.

Comment

IMDAZED still hating on Oscar.... Damn bro.

I'd rate his resume a 9. Even though he lost all his big fights and did cherrypick at times, and get gift decisions. He's still the PPV King of Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          THIS THIS THIS. THIS 100x. saved me the trouble of having to respond. i didnt believe there would ppl on this board who would argue the whitaker fight in favor of oscar in any way. it was a cherrypick just as much as his jcc fight was. he took these fights at a time where he thougt he had the highest chance of winning and he still lost to pea imo. if u have ever seen the hurtato and rivera fights u would kno how obvious it was that pea was declining. u think oscar didnt notice that?
          Yeah, fighting the #1 P4P guy in the world with 8 title defenses is a cherrypick. GTFO with that.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            He always did that. And these Johnny Come Lately fans wanna pretend that's not the case because their eyeballs turn into hearts when they look at his resume on boxrec. Don't get me wrong, Oscar is a HOF'er. But ATG? Don't make me laugh. Oscar was the master at fighting top guys at their worst.

Mosley was a career lightweight and a huge underdog. Oscar was expected to KO him. Please note he took this fight while avoiding rematches and matches versus other welters and super welters.

When he fought Mosley the second time, Shane hadn't won a fight in a couple years.

Vargas hadn't looked good in years either--ruined by the Tito fight.

Heck, he did the same thing to Manny except (surprise!), jokes on you! The little guy moved up to 147 quite fine and wiped his ass with the canvas.

Comment

Same as Pacquiao's resume.

Lame

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                no one ever gets shi t on for fighting oscar or wanting to. but when pac is still outstanding 2 years later. its a problem.

I'm not going to go into his resume for the umpteenth time, but it can never be confused for that of oscar, competition wise.
                So Mayweather runs Pacquiao's career? I could've sworn that was Arum's job.

Comment

De la hoya got screwed by more black men than Kim Kardashian.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    We're discussing Oscar here. If you have this issue with other fighters, raise them in another thread for discussion. And pull your skirt down. The bottom line is that his best win is probably Ike Quartey. If that's ATG status, more power to you.
                    You fold like a napkin when you get asked questions you dont want to answer, I see!

Its not a discussion when the thread starter completely tries to make an opposing "opinion" not valid and resorts to saying crap like "please stop this" or "please stop that"!

How about you stop trying to tell people what to say? Or how about you let people state their opinion on his resume with out your biased childish crap in trying to prohibit people from saying what they want.

Was it not the whole point of your thread to find out what other people think about his resume?

Now here's another little thing I need to correct you on.....where and when did I say that beating Quartey is ATG status to me? So not only do you make a bait thread to hate on Oscar or on anyone with a different opinion than you do but now you resort to just randomly making **** up and trying to put words in peoples mouth?

And Im the one who needs to pull my skirt down? Sounds like you got your panties in a bunch sweetheart! Now lets see, you remind me of those girls that will ask a bunch of other girls what they think about a girl that they personally hate just so that when the answers from the other girls come in they can try to sway the other ones into hating that girl because that was her plan all along.

Nice try darling!

So let me ask you again, did you make this thread so that people can give their opinion or so they can agree with yours?

Comment

second to none

Comment

Working...
                      X