Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Takashi Uchiyama Knocks Jorge Solis Out Cold In 11

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and until Broner shows it against an opponent that can fight back, I say the jury is still out on whether the PDL fight was an anomaly or truly who he is.

Comment

For your viewing pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
        Caballero would be interesting. He said he plans to move up in weight (though for a fight w/ Gamboa, or obviously something on that level), but stylistically, I can see a Uchiyama and Caballero meshing well.

I haven't seen enough of Aoh or am even aware enough of any Japanese boxing politics (if any) to know if unification is possible. From what I've seen of Aoh, he doesn't appear to be any kind of threat.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Salgado rematch, though given that his IBF belt wouldn't be recognized in Japan, not sure Uchiyama has much to gain there.

Would be LOVELY if American networks decided to purchase overseas feeds of fights like this, if only to at least build up potential fights w/ guys like Broner and make them more lucrative and in demand than is presently the case.
        That would be ideal. I used to get Japanese streams that all seemed to suck or have overlays of hello kitty or some other nonsense right on the picture.

I mean even ppv on the net for a couple of bucks would work. We certainly have the technology for live feeds, it's just a shame because it would indeed provide worldwide exposure esp for guys in asia as we can pretty much see a lot of the Europeans through various feeds.

and Cab would want Gamboa or JuanMa, not that he'd ever get them.
        But Cab tends to travel so if the money is right, a Uchi fight would be ideal and they both are WBA guys so they could make it work.

Comment

That was a monster shot. Agree with Jake...Broner hasn't beaten anyone to say the jury is in yet. Clearly talented. Uchiyama is the leader. Too bad the world of Jr. Lightweight is a little too big for unification right now.
          Last edited by crold1; 12-31-2011, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post

Looks like one shot power to me

Comment

Arigato uchiyama sun.

Comment

both of the fighters from the Japan in that Super Featherweight Division are pretty good (Uchiyama and Ao)

Would like to see Uchiyama vs the winner of Adrien Broner vs Eloy Perez, but he is going to have to come to the US

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post

daaaamn. that was ****ing beautiful. yall know how hard it is to throw a short lead left hook like that from your regular stance with full speed and generate enough power to knock someone out?

that wasnt just brutal power but it was executed at a very high skill level too, excellent tecnique. knockouts like that are very rare, gave me flashbacks to donald curry knocking out milton mccrory in two rounds.

Comment

Damnnn that was a vicious short hook!

Comment

Thanks for posting the video. That was a very pretty knockout!

Comment

Working...
                      X