No announcement yet.

Martinez wants to fight Ward, and vice versa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to move up to 168 this late in his career I think is a BAD MOVE IMO

He has good fights in his Division, they are just not the "BIG MONEY FIGHTS" he wants, but fighting Macklin is a good challenge, the winner of Macklin vs Martinez should get Sturm which is a pretty big match

I think he would struggle above 160 just like Arthur Abraham and Jermaine Taylor did

Why not just fight the guys who want to fight him? Pirog! Quillin!

I think it is pretty obvious though that DiBella is going to setup a Martinez vs Taylor fight eventually...If Taylor looks good starting tonight
    Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 12-30-2011, 12:34 PM.

Comment

That's a PPV worthy fight.

Comment

this article sucks and the title is very misleading. How does this article prove that Sergio said he wants the fight. He probably didnt even bring it up. It sounds like someone just asked him about a fight with Ward and he just said that he doesnt know about 168 but would consider it at a catchweight. Thats just a typical answer. No boxer hardly ever says no about a fight so they just say that they will consider it. He never said that he wants it or anything even remotely like it.

Sergio doesnt want that fight. Someone said its a win/win situation but how? Sure he may not get killed for losing but he will lose and Ward doesnt make any money. Ward could also beat him bad enough to effect the rest of his career. No way Sergio fights anyone at 168 because none of them sell. Maybe Bute in Canada but thats about it

Comment

Andre Ward isn't coming down in weight. He fought at 175 when he was an amateur and a much younger man. I don't think he makes 168 as easily as most people assume. He's just disciplined enough to stay on weight all the time.

Comment

Working...
          X