Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucian Bute vs. Andre Dirrell: who would win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirrell is not Carl Froch, he's a completley different fighter, doesn't have the iron chin, or the iron will

Bute KO bodyshot

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      Dirrell is not Carl Froch...
      Maybe not. But he beat Carl Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
        Maybe not. But he beat Carl Froch.
        No, he did not.

Andre Dirrells career consists of

losing a close fight to the worst version of Carl Froch i have ever seen, fighting like a damn ape, forgetting what a jab was and just generally being an idiot

beating Arthur Abraham pretty bad, but looking like he could get stopped late, and faking out of it, Abraham was then proven to be utter garbage, making Carl Froch look like prime Ali in losing a 12 round schooling

That's it.

He's finished, a footnote.

done.

Comment

Dirrel's heart is under question, Bute's chin is a c at best. Dirrel is quick and has decent skill to deal with Bute but Bute has the power advantage. Close call. Either Dirrell wins on point or Bute has enough power to hurt and stop Dirrell.

Comment

No, he did not.

Andre Dirrells career consists of

losing a close fight to the worst version of Carl Froch i have ever seen, fighting like a damn ape, forgetting what a jab was and just generally being an idiot

beating Arthur Abraham pretty bad, but looking like he could get stopped late, and faking out of it, Abraham was then proven to be utter garbage, making Carl Froch look like prime Ali in losing a 12 round schooling

That's it.

He's finished, a footnote.

done.
            He did beat froch.

Comment

I'm going for Bute too. Bute gets **** on for being KTFO by Froch, but he's not going to get into that situation Froch but him in, as Dirrell does not have a solid chin, nor is he a come forward fighter.

Bute has skills, it's a shame he has this rep of being a terrible boxer. Sure he was overrated as being the best at 168, but theres no evidence (apart from Kessler) to suggest he's any lower than no.3 as it currently stands.... he is a good fighter
              Last edited by techliam; 02-14-2013, 02:03 PM. Reason: fair points made

Comment

i did not watch Dirrell's last fight (against a limited opponent). without an idea of where he's at, it's impossible for me to give an opinion on how these two would match up at this point in time.

what i can say about Dirrell is that he appears to be a mental-midget.

Comment

i have to question your sentiments, given that any argument for Froch winning that fight has to be based on his jab (this would be mine).

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                    I'm going for Bute too. Bute gets **** on for being KTFO by Froch, but he's not going to get into that situation Froch but him in, as Dirrell does not have a solid chin, nor is he a come forward fighter.

Bute has skills, it's a shame he has this rep of being a terrible boxer. Sure he was overrated as being the best at 168, but theres no evidence to suggest he's any lower than no.3 as it currently stands.... he is a good fighter
                    Guess you didn't see Bute's last outing against a 12 fight Grachev then.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                      Guess you didn't see Bute's last outing against a 12 fight Grachev then.
                      Oh you mean the fight at Light Heavyweight?

Comment

Working...
                      X