No announcement yet.

RING's TOP 5 by the decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    Holyfield had one of the greatest runs in the late 90's. That was something special.
    no doubt man, combine that with the fact that he was a natural CW doing the **** he did at HW was special, the man would not be denied.

Comment

Originally posted by raf727 View Post
      no doubt man, combine that with the fact that he was a natural CW doing the **** he did at HW was special, the man would not be denied.
      Every fight after the Czyz fight felt like a scene in Lord of The Rings where you thought one of the main characters would die, but Holyfield just found a way to pull it off. Until he ran into Lewis that is.

But his run was crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        Every fight after the Czyz fight felt like a scene in Lord of The Rings where you thought one of the main characters would die, but Holyfield just found a way to pull it off. Until he ran into Lewis that is.

But his run was crazy.
        yea man no doubt.

its funny because 4 of the top 5 from 90-99 are in my top 5 all time favorite boxers, throw in spadafora and you figured me out

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
          Pareng Kadyo, Flash Elorde is at number 10 in the 60's decade.
          Not bad at all, thanks pareng Chups.

Comment

Great lists-surprising that there are no heavyweights from the seventies.

Comment

Very interesting list. Thanks for posting.

Is there no list for the two decades from 1900-1919?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                Very interesting list. Thanks for posting.

Is there no list for the two decades from 1900-1919?
                yea i was also interested in this, i wanted to see where they had frank klaus the middleweight from pittsburgh

Comment

I didn't know that there is another Filipino boxing great before. Pancho Villa

I read his biography. He died while at the height of his boxing career. So sad!
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisco_Guilledo

Comment

Yeah Battling Nelson should be #2 just for going 42 rounds winning 30 first.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                      Yeah Battling Nelson should be #2 just for going 42 rounds winning 30 first.
                      He probably lost 35 of the 41 completed rounds against Gans. :/

Comment

Working...
                      X