Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why's it only me that knows that Cotto is done at elite level?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    see, there u go. didnt even have to say anything.
    W/e... we're all entitled to our opinions. Doesn't neccesarily make it fact, as i said, even Cotto may not realize what he is and isn't capable of atm. I'm basing my opinion off his improvements, new team/trainer, new attitude, (he listens to his trainer now), I could go on defending him, but i don't need to. His record speaks for itself.

The fact is, he redeemed 1 of ONLY 2 losses, the other to the best, who i said he can't beat. And he's looking like a formidable opponent again. Yes, he's past prime, but not shot. I don't count him out as easy as some of you guys that don't like him, or that like Margo and resent Cotto avenging that loss.

Like i said, 2, maybe 3 non-mega fights and call it a career. What's so illogical about that? And i never said he CAN beat Sergio. I only picked him out of the 3 elites you mentioned that he stands a chance with @ a catchweight of 154 limit.

Plus...30ko's in 37 fights...that's a dam good ko ratio, you can't deny that.
    Last edited by jazluvr; 12-24-2011, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      I disagree that Cotto was at his best at JWW...He entered the elite level at WW. He was at his prime and peak at WW.
      I was going to say the same, but got sidetracked.

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      I like his demeanor and how he carries himself.
      Something about his ring demeanour always brought Joe Louis to mind, for me.

Comment

Here comes the propaganda.

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
          Here comes the propaganda.
          Wtf?? Lol...anyways, dinner is a-callin'...happy holidays!

Comment

He didn't struggle with Foreman.

But yes I have been saying this too, Cotto is not fighting the elite guys at 154-160 because he can't beat them. Isn't that what being part of Top Rank is all about?

Comment

As of now, Cotto is a B+ fighter with an A-level fanbase and A-level experience. He's no longer in his prime, but I think he's better now than he was before, he seems to have gotten his confidence back and has a dedicated trainer by his side. Hopefully he tries to unify at 154, which I don't see happening especially if he stays with TR, and also cuz he's on his "Get Money" **** right now lol. The only fights available with TR are Pacquiao and JCC Jr. There's nobody else on his roster that is even on Cotto's radar.

Comment

that is why he turned down the martinez fight. mosley isnt even man enough to take a swing at the top 3 p4p fighter in martinez. mosley turned that fight down in a heartbeat. they both know they would get man handeled easily by martinez. more in house top rank fights down the road for cotto mosley margarito and pacquiao. i wouldnt be surprised if arum put together a 4 man tourney against them

Comment

cotto was never truly elite since the first margarito ass whuppin'. arum kept him around by matching him intelligently but hes been a shell of his former self for a long time now. not saying he cant fight anymore, its more a testiment to how phenomenal he was in his prime before margarito tore out his heart and put it in his trophy cabinet next to cintrons liver and pride.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                    On a serious note, all jokes aside.

I might kid around from time to time on here.

But to laugh and make fun of thousands that died tragically, in a thread about freaking "Miguel Cotto", in an attempt to gain ground after being terribly owned and embarrassed is just a low scum ball move...

WTF is that?
                    you sit around long enough and you can start to read into the psyche of these characters. they're sad little creatures who are best left for dead.

Comment

Why's it only me that knows that Cotto is done at elite level?

I knew that already

Comment

Working...
                      X