Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are average fighting fans really so shallow, example Froch.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the only people who've called him a bum are the ones who've always called him a bum. Although I don't know how anyone could refer to a 2 time world champion as a bum. I like Froch he's been a breath of fresh air in boxing, boxing would be the biggest sport in the world if every fighter took leacy over money like he seems to do.

Comment

This is the internet mate, thousands of fanboys and kids. Boxing takes brain.

Comment

Before the fight some were complaining that he should be higher than Ward on the p4p list.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Oh really? You must of forgot that you posted this. LOL!!
          LOL, you know how many people are actually gonna believe that I said that don't you?? My name isn't jro homey!!

Comment

To me he is still the number 2 SMW in the world, Bute can't be placed higher then him as he hasnt fought anyone with as high ranked as Froch or Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Undroppable View Post
              To me he is still the number 2 SMW in the world, Bute can't be placed higher then him as he hasnt fought anyone with as high ranked as Froch or Ward.
              That's what I believe too. Froch & Ward were #1 & #2.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Top 5 huh, so you have more than just Ward rated over him now then?? Who might that be & may I ask why??
                Its hypothetical between fighters he has not fought like Bute or Kessler who he had a close fight with and we can't say for sure who would win if they fought again.

Comment

Froch has never EVER impressed me. Ward, on the other hand, is the truth!

Comment

Ward was a horrible style match-up for him.

But he was still more competitive than the other world class fighters Ward has fought. With his destiny in his own hands Carlos Frochos will most likely be a 3-time World Champion at 168 and he could probably be a two weight world champion if he were to fight someone like Nathan Cleverly.

Carl Froch is 34 but he's got it all ahead of him.

With as strong a promotion team as he has had and a bit of star power - Froch is only going to further cement his legacy as a fighter.

That said, I still really want Froch to fight Sakio Bika.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
                      Ward was a horrible style match-up for him.

But he was still more competitive than the other world class fighters Ward has fought. With his destiny in his own hands Carlos Frochos will most likely be a 3-time World Champion at 168 and he could probably be a two weight world champion if he were to fight someone like Nathan Cleverly.

Carl Froch is 34 but he's got it all ahead of him.

With as strong a promotion team as he has had and a bit of star power - Froch is only going to further cement his legacy as a fighter.

That said, I still really want Froch to fight Sakio Bika.
                      Froch vs. Sakio Bika is a great matchup!

Froch and Kessler are the truth of boxing. Make more champions like these...!

Ward though is just a level above, and what surprised me was that he was able to seem just as strong as Cobra, pushing him against the robes. But if you look at round 11 and 12 it's easy to see who would have won if it had continued to last man standing. Froch seemed like he wasn't starting tractoring forward until very very late.

Comment

Working...
                      X