No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch: Ward is Not Exciting, Fights are Quite Boring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    There's a reason why Floyd behaves the way he does outside of the ring. His style isn't exactly crowd pleasing so he has to find another avenue to draw consumers in. If Floyd had the same temperament as Ward, he would NOT be a house hold name. He wouldn't even be a mention as one of Pacquiao's opponents regardless of how much better a fighter he is than Manny.
    I don't disagree with this at all. But guess what matters most to him and all boxers besides getting paid? WINNING!!! All fighters wish they could be what they are and undefeated. Nothing said here will change our minds I just look at things differently than some of yall do. I mean I can't blame PBF or Ward for what some call boring and say why don't they fight this way or take more so called risks when what they are doing has them at the top of the mountain. I would ask why other fighters don't step they game up and make them change what they doing? Its not the so called boring fighters fault the so called exciting fighter is not good enough to beat them or make them fight their type of fight and force them out they comfort zone. That is the other fighters fault that they not good enough and blame should lay with them IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
      I don't disagree with this at all. But guess what matters most to him and all boxers besides getting paid? WINNING!!! All fighters wish they could be what they are and undefeated. Nothing said here will change our minds I just look at things differently than some of yall do. I mean I can't blame PBF or Ward for what some call boring and say why don't they fight this way or take more so called risks when what they are doing has them at the top of the mountain. I would ask why other fighters don't step they game up and make them change what they doing? Its not the so called boring fighters fault the so called exciting fighter is not good enough to beat them or make them fight their type of fight and force them out they comfort zone. That is the other fighters fault that they not good enough and blame should lay with them IMO.
      no disrespect, but you would be a horrible sports TV exec.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
        no disrespect, but you would be a horrible sports TV exec.
        No disrespect taken but dumb @ss sports tv execs are why we have BS fights in boxing right now. There is no way PBF and Manny should be making $20mill to fight people like Ortiz and Mosley respectively. Why did they deserve to be paid that much for fake fights like those? So you are telling me the current tv execs are doing a good job? LLS

Comment

atleast Ward was putting glove to face, Froch was a stationary punching bag

Comment

To be the man, he as no choice to fight Bute otherwise he is only one of the top. Bute is a must for Ward but i think Bute is too risky for Ward at this point.

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            I find him boring as well. But he's the man now at 168.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Fame and fortune.

If you put on a good show more people will want to watch. Put on a boring show and no one will tune in next time.
              Wladimir and Mayweather aren't lacking in the fame and fortune department! haha. Like I said, they don't need to change a damn thing, until and unless someone makes them change.

Comment

Originally posted by JED46 View Post
                Wladimir and Mayweather aren't lacking in the fame and fortune department! haha. Like I said, they don't need to change a damn thing, until and unless someone makes them change.
                Wlads not feather fisted and is fighting in Germany

And floyds rise to the top was anything but boring, it's just 147 where he is boring

Comment

Bute is leagues ahead of Froch talent-wise.

Bute will punish the Son of Dog.

Comment

Froch is absolutely correct....all Ward has to do is stop impersonating Ricky Hatton when he gets in close and learn how to slip and counter, instead of grabbing/wrestling when he's close....he'd be the biggest name in boxing! Bottom line is after Floyd retires, I doubt if there will ever be a boring, defensive PPV star in the game - Floyd got lucky De La Hoya passed him the torch. You're gonna have to be a man and quit all that mongoose bull**** to get PPV money. Anyone who finds Ward 'exciting' to watch are MORE excited about his undefeated record. Even Ward knows he'll be a SHOBox fighter once he loses.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Wlads not feather fisted and is fighting in Germany

And floyds rise to the top was anything but boring, it's just 147 where he is boring
                      He does have a high KO ratio, but he still has what many consider a "boring," safety-first style. It doesn't matter that he's fighting in Germany. Regardless, he's doing very well financially.

Mayweather has been fighting at welterweight for six years, and he has made a phenomenal amount of money in that division.

Comment

Working...
                      X