No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joan Guzman vs Victor Cayo Rumors Continue To Push

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
    So what? You act like Funeka is a bad fighter. Guzman's only problem is his discipline. If he actually commits himself, he's one of the best fighters to step in the ring.
    No funeka is not a bad fighter, But elite? I know he is not and the record or not Guzman lost to him.
    The funny thing is you try and back a fighter and says his only problem is discipline..Dumbass! ask any fighter and number 1 thing to be good to great fighter is discipline....and enough of the would of , could of, if, maybe, SPARE ALL of us...

IF Ali just ducked that Frazier left hook, If Hoya didnt run those last rounds, If Valero didnt die, If Pac just took those tests, If Cintron had heart....and we can go on and on.....IF DONT DO ANYTHING IN BOXING.

Comment

Originally posted by Einstien View Post
      No funeka is not a bad fighter, But elite? I know he is not and the record or not Guzman lost to him.
      He also beat funeka's ass in the rematch so what does that say?

Comment

That's why I don't really pay much attention to Guzman anymore. He left a real bad sour taste in my mouth when I was left waiting to see him against Campbell..whom I thought he should have beaten. When I see he makes weight at least three times in a row then I'll start looking his way....two to go.....I'm waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          "beat funeka's ass"...since when is a split decision an ass whoopin?...lmao!

Also Pudgies greatest wins was Soto and Barrios....Barrios was also a spilt decision, so sell it to DR..they will buy.
          I have more respect for Cayo as we should all.

Comment

Originally posted by Einstien View Post
            "beat funeka's ass"...since when is a split decision an ass whoopin?...lmao!
            Since when do we go by official judges scorecards to prove a point? Did you watch the fight? Did Guzman not easily win the rematch? Did he not knock Funeka down? Of course he did.

If we go by the judges scorecards, the first fight was a draw but obviously guzman lost.

But Ali Funeka is a big guy, 6'1 at 135 pounds. That's a tough task especially for a guy who fought most of his career at 122 pounds.

Also Pudgies greatest wins was Soto and Barrios....Barrios was also a spilt decision, so sell it to DR..they will buy.
            I have more respect for Cayo as we should all.
            Using boxrec to prove a point doesn't work man. Guzman clearly beat Barrios and soto (and funeka in the rematch). Using your logic Williams clearly beat Lara.

Guzman is to blame for most of his failures and lack of solid wins on his resume, no doubt about that. Him not making weight obviously hurt his career badly. And now he's 35 years old so it may be too late for him to accomplish much more. That doesn't mean he wasn't a solid fighter though and couldn't hang with the best. When he was dedicated, he was a fantastic fighter. Unfortunately a lot of his career was screwed up by poor promoting and management, then the later part of his career he lost control of his weight and ruined potential fights himself.

Comment

I love this fight,who promotes these two fighters??Anyone know??

Comment

Are you so still sucking his culo and you fail to realize that Guzman was NINE, NUEVE, 9 LBS over the weight limit... You stupid idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Zocalo View Post
                  Are you so still sucking his culo and you fail to realize that Guzman was NINE, NUEVE, 9 LBS over the weight limit... You stupid idiot.
                  Hey Genius!... A lot people say that Guzman won because he was 9 pounds of lead in the fight. The truth is that Guzman lost the first fight by head crash provoked Funeka (with intention or not) and if you do not believe, watch that fight again and see how the African Left Jab is lost in the defense of guzman and after the clash of heads starts to come easily. You clarify that for fight night that first fight Funeka weighed 152 pounds and guzman 147. As for the second bout guzman weight was 148 against 147 of Funeka. Simple math says that the second fight was more fair than the first, because in addition to the difference in height. Funeka was also heavier than 5 pounds Guzman and everyone who knows boxing gym, you can see the importance of weight fight night and not 36 hours earlier.

Comment

Since when do we go by official judges scorecards to prove a point? Did you watch the fight? Did Guzman not easily win the rematch? Did he not knock Funeka down? Of course he did.

If we go by the judges scorecards, the first fight was a draw but obviously guzman lost.

But Ali Funeka is a big guy, 6'1 at 135 pounds. That's a tough task especially for a guy who fought most of his career at 122 pounds.

Using boxrec to prove a point doesn't work man. Guzman clearly beat Barrios and soto (and funeka in the rematch). Using your logic Williams clearly beat Lara.

Guzman is to blame for most of his failures and lack of solid wins on his resume, no doubt about that. Him not making weight obviously hurt his career badly. And now he's 35 years old so it may be too late for him to accomplish much more. That doesn't mean he wasn't a solid fighter though and couldn't hang with the best. When he was dedicated, he was a fantastic fighter. Unfortunately a lot of his career was screwed up by poor promoting and management, then the later part of his career he lost control of his weight and ruined potential fights himself.
                    Wow, did you go on and on about nothing or what?...however you sugar coat it Guzman lost one and won one. Face it Funeka is not elite and we shouldnt even be mentioning his name, the only reason Funeka is worth discussing is because Guzman is next to him. Guzman isnt even a has been, he is a never was. His supporters crack me up with all the maybe and fantasy possibles. All you guys are basing opinions on debatable "dominating performances" that you can count on one hand. "With your logic", Chavez Jr, Camacho Jr, Zab Judah,Malinaggi..."would have, could have" etc. If they missed out on fights cuz weight issues and never got to prove their stuff.

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                    I love this fight,who promotes these two fighters??Anyone know??
                    I can lie, wouldnt mind seeing it either. But on Espn Friday night fights.
                    Originally posted by Zocalo View Post
                    Its obvious this guys nose is Guzmans tail by now....Im guessing he is from Haiti or something.
                    Originally posted by pochy51 View Post
                    Hey Genius!... A lot people say that Guzman won because he was 9 pounds of lead in the fight. The truth is that Guzman lost the first fight by head crash provoked Funeka (with intention or not) and if you do not believe, watch that fight again and see how the African Left Jab is lost in the defense of guzman and after the clash of heads starts to come easily. You clarify that for fight night that first fight Funeka weighed 152 pounds and guzman 147. As for the second bout guzman weight was 148 against 147 of Funeka. Simple math says that the second fight was more fair than the first, because in addition to the difference in height. Funeka was also heavier than 5 pounds Guzman and everyone who knows boxing gym, you can see the importance of weight fight night and not 36 hours earlier.
                    Guess who this is in disguise?...lol

The funny thing is this site and the forums prove Guzmans "worth", most of the time there are less than 10 - 15 comments on anything having to do with him and natas (the haitian) is like half of them..lmao the other supporters are him undercover.
                    Last edited by Einstien; 12-24-2011, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pochy51 View Post
                      You are helplessly obtuse, I never seen anyone remotely even defend anyone missing a weight limit(or a weight class much less) by that amount, yet you are doing that, and saying it is fair for a guy a guy to boil down to 135 while the other doesn't have to.. You can go jerk off to him.... and eat his cum since you want to rub cocks with him given how much you have a hard on for given your love for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X