Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Manny Stewards beef with Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Because Manny Steward is frankly a terrible commentator and has nothing to say.

8/10 fights every round he say's "Fighter A just looks so strong and fast to me, compared to fighter B"

In Mayweather fights he repeats the same thing over and over and over.

It's not really to do with hate I don't think. It's more to do with simply being a terrible commentator.
    which is why they need to hire RJJ and get rid of Larry and Steward

Comment

Dude is a horrible commentator. He don't how to call fights for ****.

Comment

Lol f**k Steward...not because he has an opinion but because he doesn't respect a winning game plan. Of course we all wish Floyd was more offensive minded but to say he can't get anything off and its like round 2 sounds like hating!! Every fighter has a game plan, so they say...but if 95% of the time ur 1st plan is working, why change? I love KO's but u can see that any where...what u won't see is someone being able to make a good fighter miss damn near every punch, land theirs, adjust when needed and stick to their game plan pretty much to a T!! That's what I appreciate about Floyd, he makes fighters have to be reckless because that's really their only option lol...they have to come out guns blazing just so stupid ppl can say "well he won like 3 early rounds against Floyd" lol training how Floyd does and having that "D" to back up his conditioning gives him supreme confidence and allows him to take his time.

U can say what u want but his formula works, when he starts getting hit with more shots I'm sure he'll switch things up.

Comment

Originally posted by spyvsspy View Post
          Haha lol at floyd being a winner...a true winner is victorious against all odds while floyd chooses his opponents to which the odds are in his favor. Smh...don't know why the floyd fans don't see this

Name one fighter within his weight boundaries that would be favored over Floyd!!!

If u can't, which I know u can't...then that clearly means that he's in a league of his own and that it wouldn't really impress u with whoever he beat...only way would be by KO...not fair!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SincereDaGreat View Post
            Lol f**k Steward...not because he has an opinion but because he doesn't respect a winning game plan. Of course we all wish Floyd was more offensive minded but to say he can't get anything off and its like round 2 sounds like hating!! Every fighter has a game plan, so they say...but if 95% of the time ur 1st plan is working, why change? I love KO's but u can see that any where...what u won't see is someone being able to make a good fighter miss damn near every punch, land theirs, adjust when needed and stick to their game plan pretty much to a T!! That's what I appreciate about Floyd, he makes fighters have to be reckless because that's really their only option lol...they have to come out guns blazing just so stupid ppl can say "well he won like 3 early rounds against Floyd" lol training how Floyd does and having that "D" to back up his conditioning gives him supreme confidence and allows him to take his time.

U can say what u want but his formula works, when he starts getting hit with more shots I'm sure he'll switch things up.
            NONE of Steward's guys can fight on the inside..

All they can do is fight from a distance....there is no blend of the two...

Hearns didn't even know how to clinch when he needed to..when he got hurt he just stood there smiling..with his hands down by his as.s..

Steward never fought as a pro and is vastly overrated as a trainer and announcer...to listen to him..it's like he barely knows more than Jim Lampley.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
              Manny probably does have a dislike for PBF whether it be on a personal of professional level. My thing with Manny is when it comes to PBF he is like Merchant with all fighter. That being if PBF doesn't fight the way Manny feels he should fight then he tries to take shine off of what PBF is actually doing. You can't say PBF is not as great as other greats because he doesn't go for KO's that **** makes no sense at all. Everybody is not a aggressive I'm going for the KO type of guy. If fighters skills match up then yes a fighter is just as great as another it just some greats have stronger attributes in other areas then other greats.
              Real talk...good post

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysOnTop View Post
                NONE of Steward's guys can fight on the inside..

All they can do is fight from a distance....there is no blend of the two...

Hearns didn't even know how to clinch when he needed to..when he got hurt he just stood there smiling..with his hands down by his as.s..

Steward never fought as a pro and is vastly overrated as a trainer and announcer...to listen to him..it's like he barely knows more than Jim Lampley.
                I agree...he hates how safe Floyd fights but Wlad is pretty damn safe too!!

Comment

Originally posted by SincereDaGreat View Post
                  I agree...he hates how safe Floyd fights but Wlad is pretty damn safe too!!
                  Vlad is paranoid..he's beyond safe.

If Floyd did something stupid in the later rounds and got KO'd Steward would be the first one to call him stupid...

Steward has been around long enough to know you can't knock everybody out...but he wanted Floyd KO BALDOMIR.....LOL....Carlos is George Chuvalo at 147...Mr Steward wanted Maywether to simply "close the show like a great fighter should"....

I lost all respect for him then and there.

Vernon Forrest couldn't KO that fool...

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysOnTop View Post
                    That can't be it...Floyd has never ducked an "elite" fighter or any fighter.

NONE of Steward's fighters can fight on the inside..

He didn't help Jermain Taylor....Cotto dumped him...

Manny Steward is overrated as they come.
                    I have to disagree with Floyd never ducked an elite fighter he clearly ducked Antonio Margarito for 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
                      I have to disagree with Floyd never ducked an elite fighter he clearly ducked Antonio Margarito for 2 years.
                      I disagree with that...Marg is not elite, only thing special about him is his chin and heart...jab, straight right, left, hook...pretty much everything else is garbage!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X