Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti-Fighter of the Year: Who Wasted 2011?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.facebook.com/questions/10...133/?qa_ref=qd

Here is the direct link for people who have facebook to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDatJab View Post
      not Pavlik. He had zero talent anyway so he didn't waste anything. So what if he's a drunk bum, makes him no different than 90 percent of white America
      I feel sad for white Americans, they become self-loathing because they're brainwashed into hating themselves by the supremacists who control the media. That's why they have little self-confidence and why so many become alcoholics like Kelly.

Comment

Phantom already posted this? My bad. Thanks for posting haha

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Lucian Bute had three decent wins in 2011, two by highlight-reel KOs. He shouldn't be in the poll.

Boytsov: because of his useless promoter, he wasted the year. He's been healthy since April 1

Glazkov: nice win in March over a good opponent, then just one fight with a soft opponent since

Pala: two fights, one against a faded cruiserweight and the other against someone he already beat - another useless promoter

Pavlik, Dirrell, Martirosyan, Bradley: no explanation needed.

And I hate to say it, but Wladimir Klitschko had only one fight against a mediocre opponent in 2011. I was disappointed he didn't fight at least twice.
          I felt it wasn't fair to add all those Super Middleweights on there without adding Bute. It takes two sides to make a deal and Bute is using this Showtime exclusive deal to fight lesser opposition than what was expected of him.

Ultimately, he wasted his 2011 by fighting subpar competition and didn't live up to the momentum he could have taken into 2011.

Boystov is a good choice too. I completely forgot about him. Also, he's had hand injuries according to Dan Rafael and that's why he's been inactive.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
            I felt it wasn't fair to add all those Super Middleweights on there without adding Bute. It takes two sides to make a deal and Bute is using this Showtime exclusive deal to fight lesser opposition than what was expected of him.

Ultimately, he wasted his 2011 by fighting subpar competition and didn't live up to the momentum he could have taken into 2011.

Boystov is a good choice too. I completely forgot about him. Also, he's had hand injuries according to Dan Rafael and that's why he's been inactive.
            If I'm not mistaken Bute was left out of the super 6 because he was an hbo fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
              His hand surgery was a year ago and he's been ready to fight since April 1/11, but his promoter is useless.

Others Universum is doing little for:

- 2008 Olympic champion Chakhkiev has had only one fight since early April.
              - Chagaev wanted to fight again in 2011 but was held to just one fight.
              - world amateur champion Jack Culcay has been trying to leave Universum because
              of a lack of opportunities.
              - Golovkin is finally free of them and is now promoted by the Klitschkos, but Universum wasted several years of his prime
              Last edited by The Hammer; 12-23-2011, 04:38 PM.

Comment

This should be renamed the Kelly Pavlik Award

Comment

I'mma go with Dirrell because Pavlik is done anyway, he would have been starched by Bute.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    If I'm not mistaken Bute was left out of the super 6 because he was an hbo fighter.
                    It was afterwards. Super Six was announced in July of 2009 and Bute had his first HBO fight in November of 2009.

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    His hand surgery was a year ago and he's been ready to fight since April 1/11, but his promoter is useless.

Others Universum is doing little for:

- 2008 Olympic champion Chakhkiev has had only one fight since early April.
                    - Chagaev wanted to fight again in 2011 but was held to just one fight.
                    - world amateur Jack Culcay has been trying to leave Universum because
                    of a lack of opportunities.
                    - Golovkin is finally free of them and is now promoted by the Klitschkos, but Universum wasted several years of his prime
                    Seems like he's the Don King of Germany.

Comment

Hey guys. The poll closes soon on facebook, so if you could ahead over to Maxboxing's facebook page and vote. That'd be great. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X